• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pattern Reversal...About To Turn Wet

FoothillsNC

Could we repeat this cycle again starting late next week? GFS wants to lay down another front in the same general region on Friday/Saturday followed by more weakness aloft over the area.

Yeah, that does look like a moist setup late in the week with the front moving into a hot and humid airmass in the SE. Prior to that it's going to be above normal temps and very humid.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rained again this morning. This makes the sixth straight day of getting rain. Our total is up to 5 inches after getting rain yesterday in the morning and then a storm last night.

Raining again this morning. This makes the sixth straight day of getting rain. Our total is up to 5 inches after getting rain yesterday in the morning and then a storm last night.

I felt like Bill Murray in the movie Groundhog Day reading this.

Picked up 8 3/4 inches of rain so far this week. Picked up over 4 overnight and this morning.

You probably have a broken rain gunge. None of the radar estimates (usually overdone) show anywhere close to that much rain in Franklin this week.

Rain gauge is just fine. As stated in my post 4 inches fell early yesterday morning. Plenty of flooding in south macon county.

I felt like Bill Murray in the movie Groundhog Day reading this.

You probably have a broken rain gunge. None of the radar estimates (usually overdone) show anywhere close to that much rain in Franklin this week.

Good news if your area hasn't cashed in yet. The rainy pattern overall is here to stay a while as the ridge out west in the Plains will stay there, allowing a trough to drop into the East late week. Then a damming event esp. Carolinas west VA Sat/Sun, while more showers west of the damming in most of the Southeast this weekend. By next week ECMWF wants a cutoff to form (very weak) and leaves it there to evolve into just a weakness aloft sanwiched between the two main ridges. Similar to the pattern we've been in lately. GFS doesnt really have the cutoff but I see signs of it leaving the door open to one, either way it would be weak, and all the Southeast needs this time of year is just a weakness and not being under a ridge to see daily storms and rain chances. The coolest places relative to normal over the next 10 days could be the Southeast, and Pacific NW. The wettest place in terms of actual QPF and coverage will definitely be the Southeast third of US over next 10 days, and it's not often in Summer we can say that, so let's enjoy that type of pattern while it lasts.

Seventh straight day with measurable rain! Had a quick hitting storm that dropped about 0.25 inches. Was in Asheville earlier and was hit by a bad storm. Lots of street flooding and cars pulling off the highway.

7th straight day of rain here too. 2.89" for the 7 day stretch. I'll take that anytime and be content.

and Robert I hope it keeps coming. :maprain::raining:

7th straight day of rain here too. 2.89" for the 7 day stretch. I'll take that anytime and be content.

and Robert I hope it keeps coming. :maprain::raining:

I'm almost exactly the same as you. 7 straight days with 2.80". The last two days have been near misses with 1" plus amounts each day within 5 miles of MBY while I only got .11" total the last 2 days.

I'm almost exactly the same as you. 7 straight days with 2.80". The last two days have been near misses with 1" plus amounts each day within 5 miles of MBY while I only got .11" total the last 2 days.

I've been absolutely water-logged!

5.31 inches of rain from the 10th-15th! Crazy stuff. After last year's drought which started about now, and ended with about an inch of rain over a 2 month period...I'm not complaining at all!

GFS really starting to pick up on a "re-load" of the pattern that we just went through. The following is a QPF map for the next 5 days...if you look at the individual maps, rainfall chances really begin to increase around 84 hours (0z Saturday)

2.00" of rain? I'll believe it when I see it. Still under 1" for the month...

Archived