• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
What is the deal with your National Airport Weather?

WEATHER53

We were dropping friend off there, the car thermo (which usually runs warm) was 80, the Taylor liquid bulb was 78/79 yet the report was 85 at the same time we were there. Also, I now notice that nightly temperatures are always 7-12degrees milder than surrounding observations. Why do they use this place? There seems something wrong.

We were dropping friend off there, the car thermo (which ususally runs warm) was 80, the Taylor liquid bulb was 78/79 yet the report was 85 at the same time we were there. Also, I now notice that nightly temepratures are always 7-12degrees milder than surrounding observations. Why do they use this place? There seems something wrong.

It's the same as it has always been...the 3 dowtown weatherbugs that I follow because I think they are the most accurate were 64, 66, 65 mins...any forecasts or outlooks should reflect that DCA doesn't get very cold at night...this must be accounted for

The summer differences on the mins the last few summers have been very consistent with 1981-2010 norms and even in DCA's favor sometimes....As usual..nothing to see here....you have been proven wrong every time...and I think this detracts from the conversation...we know DCA is a bad place to record data...that's why we have BWI and IAD....I think your perpetual cold bias is affecting what are otherwise good observations...the comments about troughiness was pretty good re: most of June.....there was no reason to go for a home run with big -departures...

I'm not sure why DCA is a worse place to measure temps than IAD. DCA's daytime temps are certainly more representative of DC than Dulles' are. BWI has the pavement issue. ;)

No place is perfect.

Archived