• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer of 2012 BANTER thread...

ag3

a downburst in the early 90's and july 95 got me into wx. snow isn't as exciting

Was it July 95 when NYC got like 4 inches of rain in a couple hours from insane storms? That my earliest memory of thunderstorms. I can go as far back as Superstorm 93 for clear memories of snow.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it July 95 when NYC got like 4 inches of rain in a couple hours from insane storms? That my earliest memory of thunderstorms. I can go as far back as Superstorm 93 for clear memories of snow.

i think june 96 had some big flooding events

i remember the superstorm, too. particularly thundersnow scaring me and my sister inside

Driving irresosponsibly in snow and ice is deadly. But nobody dies from a blizzard while they are at home in bed.

Driving is not the only way to die during snowstorms.

Funny thing is is the Boxing Day blizzard knocked out my power so I had no heating in the house. I could have died from hypothermia in bed! Lol.

i think june 96 had some big flooding events

i remember the superstorm, too. particularly thundersnow scaring me and my sister inside

Yea I knew it was mid 90s but wasn't sure on the specific date of the rains. There was a crazy amount of urban flooding and I remember being extremely impressed. I wasn't here for the summer 2007 floods so that is still the most intense flooding I've ever witnessed.

projected snow totals this winter

AG3: 55 inches

Cool: 52.5 inches

Metfan: 32.5 inches

Allsnow: 21 inches

Mt. Earthlight: 0.1 inches, 20 inches of sleet

bmc10: 122 inches

PSV88: 80 inches

bxengine: 101 inches

tornado jay: 101.5 inches

Isotherm: TBD

forky: 9 inches

snowlover76: -10 inches

Earthlight will suffer the most intense snow shadow on record despite living on the leeward side of what amounts to a large ant hill.

Tits by default? C'mon trials. Weather please.

I am having trouble with your climo since you are so far to the SW. I wanted to give you philly climo numbers but felt bad about it.

He got 17 inches on February 5th 2010 he doesn't deserve a flake until we all catch up to him.

Anyone wanna take wagers on a severe fail for Friday? 3000 joules of cape, eml, LI of -7, tt over 60, just to get the severe weenies all jacked and then zip.

Good point. Getting hyped up over computer models several days out in the winter is one thing, but in the summer and over severe weather?

Good point. Getting hyped up over computer models several days out in the winter is one thing, but in the summer and over severe weather?

Other than forky, who honestly hates snow and loves only severe weather, i dont think any other weenie can say they prefer the .000000000001% chance of severe storms over tracking a winter threat

Other than forky, who honestly hates snow and loves only severe weather, i dont think any other weenie can say they prefer the .000000000001% chance of severe storms over tracking a winter threat

Forky loves snow. Don't let him fool you.

Of course he does. Even though he lives in a brick oven known as EWR....he loves a good snow more than anyone.

From him to earthlight's mountain has been the NYC area jackpot the past 3 years. That area in general is usually the jackpot from classic storms.

If we had weenie and internet snow reports for the blizzard of 1996, I think that area would have had multiple 30-36" reports sent into Upton.

From him to earthlight's mountain has been the NYC area jackpot the past 3 years. That area in general is usually the jackpot from classic storms.

If we had weenie and internet snow reports for the blizzard of 1996, I think that area would have had multiple 30-36" reports sent into Upton.

dude, i had more than them in 2011, they missed out on the january 11 storm and the norlun and you and i both had more than them on 1/27

Archived