• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer of 2012 BANTER thread...

ag3

It's ironic how he hates losing trees and the EF1 tornado and then the 125mph Macroburst hit him directly, knocking down hundreds of trees from Flushing to Bayside!

Best severe day ever in NYC and its directly on top of him.

What a big FU to him from mother nature.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well where are all those who called for jackets, damp dreary cloudy rainy days, and upper 30s. Looks like some egg on face for some

I was the one who called for jacket weather ...50's and wind this morning is jacket weather. In fact I saw a few folks going to work wearing jackets. And yes somebody did post upper 30's for Wednesday morning but that poster was taking about well UPSTATE NY.

I get the fascination of watching severe storms on tv, but after this week, i am definitely no longer enthused by the prospect of wondering if my 2nd floor apt of a house will be struck by lightning or if the sirens going off all around me from the fire dept signal a tornado...when it is blowing 50+, with hail hitting your AC and lightning bolts all around with no escape route...for the first time i was a little scared...enough.

I get the fascination of watching severe storms on tv, but after this week, i am definitely no longer enthused by the prospect of wondering if my 2nd floor apt of a house will be struck by lightning or if the sirens going off all around me from the fire dept signal a tornado...when it is blowing 50+, with hail hitting your AC and lightning bolts all around with no escape route...for the first time i was a little scared...enough.

The 2010 Macroburst made any and all the storms we had the last couple of days look like a sunshower.

somehow some way Tropical Storm Debby is going to effect NYC metro weather and or sea conditions this weekend or early next week especialy if it gets tangled up with a weak front approaching after the mini heat wave at the end of the week and gets pulled closer to the coast.................................... opinions ?

somehow some way Tropical Storm Debby is going to effect NYC metro weather and or sea conditions this weekend or early next week especialy if it gets tangled up with a weak front approaching after the mini heat wave at the end of the week and gets pulled closer to the coast.................................... opinions ?

Cat5 hurricane into Metfan's backyard.

two winters in a row of extreme -nao

two summers of extreme heat

wettest august on record

one of the mildest/most snowless winters on record

warmest march on record

climo is changing, for better or for worse, the atmosphere has def. trended to extremes.

Is it global warming? who knows, could just be normal climate progression until the entire planet blows up.

this weekend is a case where i want the core of the heat to stay south... otherwise we'd be in the 100s with low dewpoints and no storms

So then the NAM is wrong?

It brings in the heat on Friday but still manages to keep the MCS and the strong storms well south of us. Around DC and south.

probably more wrong with the convection than the heat. would be able to say more if 12z nam bufkit was available, but i can't access it today for some reason

Have you read Upton's latest discussion? They are very confused with regards to front placement and sea breeze strength.

Tough forecast for anyone to make. It can be 85-90 or 95-100 on Thursday and Friday. Being that the euro is very persistent run to run, Im siding with the euro until it caves.

Might be one of these deals where we wont be able to pin it down until the day before.

P.S. Im rooting for 90 degree heat for a couple days. Want to water temps to rise a little to make the beaches swimmable and for certain species of fish to wake up.

Have you read Upton's latest discussion? They are very confused with regards to front placement and sea breeze strength.

Tough forecast for anyone to make. It can be 85-90 or 95-100 on Thursday and Friday. Being that the euro is very persistent run to run, Im siding with the euro until it caves.

Might be one of these deals where we wont be able to pin it down until the day before.

P.S. Im rooting for 90 degree heat for a couple days. Want to water temps to rise a little to make the beaches swimmable and for certain species of fish to wake up.

the euro has waffled between seabreeze/marine air and w flow with heat

And add in an EF0 and a separate EF1 tornado in north Queens. What an epic day.

I get that it was epic. But there is a point where epic equals deadly and destructive. I woman died that day on the gcp when she pulled over. Is that's also epic? Not for her kids or husband.

I just don't get routing for tornados when they without a doubt kill.someone. and I like tropical systems because people can prepare for them. But nobody is really ready for a tornado and most often someone dies. Nothing epic about that.

I get that it was epic. But there is a point where epic equals deadly and destructive. I woman died that day on the gcp when she pulled over. Is that's also epic? Not for her kids or husband.

I just don't get routing for tornados when they without a doubt kill.someone. and I like tropical systems because people can prepare for them. But nobody is really ready for a tornado and most often someone dies. Nothing epic about that.

Eh people die plenty from snow too. Though tornados and hurricanes especially leave a path of destruction as well, which makes them worse.

Not trying to be a Debbie downer. Just bantering about not wishing for tornados or lightning strikes that burn down homes. I love blizzards and noreasters with winds overs 60...but I don't route for death which always comes w severe storms.

Besides being deadly, I always felt that tornadoes are boring because they are short lived and extremely tough to observe (or chase). And lightning - :sleepy: , and is also dangerous.

However, while I'm a blizzard, northeaster and hurricane advocate, you can't remove deaths unfortunately from these items.

Archived