Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed when I came outta my house today that it hasn't been as bright @ 6am as it used to be. Subtle changes means my favorite season is coming up ;-)

Yes. Running 2nd shift, I was able to get up to my loading facility for my 3rd load of the night while it was still somewhat light out. Now, for the most part it's dark by the time I get up there. :(

Pretty nasty storms in Schuylkill County. Flash flood warning in effect for them. I wonder if they'll make it to Lehigh County...

Yes they were...west of me.

I got (for the first time ever) an emergency text alert from the NWS on my phone for a flash flood warning. I didn't even have it set up for it, so I don't know how I got it. Anyway, all of that action stayed in central/western Schuylkill as I only got .13" overnight.

thunder/lighting to the south of here, nothing yet but i'd guess some people are getting a deluge around montgomeryville?

It's been raining at varying rates outside of my workplace near Lansdale for the past 40 minutes or so. Looks like the storm is expanding west, but otherwise barely moving at all.

It's been raining at varying rates outside of my workplace near Lansdale for the past 40 minutes or so. Looks like the storm is expanding west, but otherwise barely moving at all.

Sharp cutoff; I'm over by North Penn High and I'm just starting to see my first raindrops of the afternoon.

Sharp cutoff; I'm over by North Penn High and I'm just starting to see my first raindrops of the afternoon.

Yes. I was driving down Sumneytown Pike from near the Turnpike Interchange at 4:15 PM.

No rain until I hit Church Road. By North Wales Rd, it was raining moderately.

As I turned east toward 63, it became blinding rain.

When I checked the Home Depot rain gauge at home later, I had 1.85"....most of which fell between 4 and 4:30 PM.

This is the worst rain I have had to drive in since the summer of 1980.

I could SEE the storm pop to my south and rapidly expand (I'm not talking about the radar either).

after yesterdays soaker close to 7" over the past 30 days, all the lawns are now completely green with no signs from the earlier dry spell

Philly Airport is just a bit over 2" in the same timeframe...crazy how much difference over 20-30 miles.

Archived