Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting hammered here near Seisholtzville. A good 15-20 minute downpour, some really good rainfall rates. I'd say about 1.25". (no gauge, just estimating) Couple good cracks of thunder, just a bit of wind when it got underway. (nothing even close to severe........just some very heavy rain.)

If its not Toms River this year its Allentown, typically its normally Allentown that gets hit every year, but it shared its welth with Tom River this year.

I managed to get a different cell then what Allentown just got.... Where I am, I seem to get a mix of about everything. Sometimes the bulls eye, sometimes royally ripped off, other times "sideswiped". Saturday and today I can't complain, easily 2.5" if not 3" between the two storms. Other times this year they die or split a mile before they get to me. Not long ago (10ish days?) there was a storm that brought the red area of the radar just across the street from me :D

I imagine the areas that we think get hammered every time, get more near misses than we think. :)

I managed to get a different cell then what Allentown just got.... Where I am, I seem to get a mix of about everything. Sometimes the bulls eye, sometimes royally ripped off, other times "sideswiped". Saturday and today I can't complain, easily 2.5" if not 3" between the two storms. Other times this year they die or split a mile before they get to me. Not long ago (10ish days?) there was a storm that brought the red area of the radar just across the street from me :D

I imagine the areas that we think get hammered every time, get more near misses than we think. :)

I am not complaining, and i know one day my county will be under the gun for its share of massively damaging storms year.

I am not complaining, and i know one day my county will be under the gun for its share of massively damaging storms year.

Well damaging storms aren't my interest, but I do believe from years of weather watching, that your area seems to do better than up here later into the fall :) I remember many occasions when fall cold fronts would come through up here and the storms would just START up here, and not really get going good until down in your neck of the woods.

After June 2009 you shouldn't even think about pissing & moaning for 10yrs

Not pissing and moaning at all. I know our time is overdue down in southern Delco, its been very silent down thses parts since the 90's when suburban cable was around these parts before comcast took over when there was some massive storms that did tons of damage down here. But as i said its been since the 90's here when the last true severe storm went through.

I have a news paper from when that event was, i just have to find it.

Just noticed when I came outta my house today that it hasn't been as bright @ 6am as it used to be. Subtle changes means my favorite season is coming up ;-)

Yeah I have been noticing the mornings and evenings have been growingly darker longer and earlier. I like it because it will help my sleep schedule to be more easier to handle. I can not sleep with the light unless I completely darken the room.

Thunderstorm out of nowhere heading north along the Chester/MontCo border. Getting thunder here, but rain should miss to the west of here.

You must have received some rain from that storm. I was just about to go out and do some long overdue mowing of my yard, when that storm hit a little after 6:30 PM yesterday. Only a little thunder, but a few good downpours accompanied the rain at varying rates. Lasted until about 8 PM and was a nice soaking. Alas, the mowing will now need to wait until tomorrow or Thursday evening.

You must have received some rain from that storm. I was just about to go out and do some long overdue mowing of my yard, when that storm hit a little after 6:30 PM yesterday. Only a little thunder, but a few good downpours accompanied the rain at varying rates. Lasted until about 8 PM and was a nice soaking. Alas, the mowing will now need to wait until tomorrow or Thursday evening.

It poured for 1-2 minutes. :) It was so localized. Looked like some additional stuff (that hit you) fired up just north of Schwenksville after skirting here.

If this was October 27th, part of that is believable- like the snow part

Actually, the only part that, right now, is truly UN-believable is the snow part. MCC's have been known to head off-shore, fester, and transform into tropical systems. I believe 1997's Hurricane Danny was like that, and it dumped well over 15 inches of rain... on Alabama, at least.

Archived