northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SE PA/Mt. Holly severe threats..

NaoPos

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol i get a kick out of how grothar said all this dry stuff. His area keeps getting pound week after week. They got another 1.5-2 inches up there already.

You're not going to let up on him... we get it, he tried to make a call, it was wrong. He took his beating...

You're not going to let up on him... we get it, he tried to make a call, it was wrong. He took his beating...

2.35 inches so far with more on the way. Training heavy rain with monsoon type conditions. Yes I took my beating but I got up and said we were in for a monsoon. yesterday. I still am hoping no tropical systems come our way any time soon. A stalled out front in the eastern gulf spells trouble this time of the year

im not beating up on him, i just think its funny how its like a magnet now. The past 3 weeks his area has been hammered. Merely stating a fact.

I live near Grothar. I have observed that since the summer of 99', it seems to be that everytime we almost get into a "drought", not only is the deficit erased almost immediately, but we end up going to the other extreme within a few months of worrying about a drought. This is for my location in particular anyway....in 2001 we had training T-storms one day that dropped about 6" so we weren't as dry here as many other locations in this area. After tonights rain, I would welcome another dry spell :P

im not beating up on him, i just think its funny how its like a magnet now. The past 3 weeks his area has been hammered. Merely stating a fact.

That I can agree with!! Unfortunately, I couldn't tell if you your tone was being mean-spiritied or not. I DIDN'T think you were that type of person but it seemed persistent. No offense.

I do not mind- I made a call and I am glad I was wrong. I did not expect the torrential downpours the last few weeks but we needed it. We have enough rain now through June for me to be happy

That I can agree with!! Unfortunately, I couldn't tell if you your tone was being mean-spiritied or not. I DIDN'T think you were that type of person but it seemed persistent. No offense.

No problem...he was very persistent for months saying drought drought...and you can recall the post where i said to him the data he presents is true. But in weather you can't tell what will happen 3 days from now yet alone 2 months from now. Hence, the last 3 weeks in your location where you have been dumped on.

I do not mind- I made a call and I am glad I was wrong. I did not expect the torrential downpours the last few weeks but we needed it. We have enough rain now through June for me to be happy

if it seemed like i was picking on you, my bad. I just find it funny the past 3 weeks your area has been one of the hardest hit after what you were saying in the spring.

if it seemed like i was picking on you, my bad. I just find it funny the past 3 weeks your area has been one of the hardest hit after what you were saying in the spring.

No problem- I am just here to learn too. The rain is persistent tonight - one more good batch and it should be over. Should end up between 3 and 4 inches

No problem...he was very persistent for months saying drought drought...and you can recall the post where i said to him the data he presents is true. But in weather you can't tell what will happen 3 days from now yet alone 2 months from now. Hence, the last 3 weeks in your location where you have been dumped on.

Agreed. Who knows when a pattern will flip.

Come out of the Regal in KOP (avengers was awesome) And its pouring get to the car drive a half mile west rain completely stops, get back on 76E to 476S and blinding rain 0 visibility at one point....get to west chester pike spitting. All in all a fun night.

lanco co has been ground zero for the hvy rains multiple locations over the 2 inch mark closing in on 3.

2.63" according to my station, 3.03" according to GR3 storm total data IMBY.

What's interesting is that you can clearly see the path of the warned cell (via storm total precip) that crossed the mason dixon line, headed through shrewsbury in york (where a spotter called in a funnel) and proceeded NW through the middle of lanco. I recorded a max of 1.97"/hr from that cell, and observed pea size hail.

post-7557-0-09349100-1338615529_thumb.pn

I had 2.65" here in my backyard. Looking at the trajectory of that cell you mentioned, while we didn't have anything resembling a "storm" here, the residual moisture headed right into Schuylkill County. Interestingly enough, being a truck driver and running 3 rounds from Hazleton to Allentown, I missed the heaviest rain in my own backyard, but got pwned when I was in Allentown/Trexlertown at 11:00PM last night.

post-105-0-11454000-1338634838_thumb.gif

So much for South Jersey and Delaware getting much of anything last night...they made up for Grothar's ark-busting rains.

Rainfall amounts: Philly 0.77" (for comparison's sake), Mount Holly 0.23", Millville 0.09", AC 0.45", Wilmington 0.45".

One inch plus crowd were the suburban counties north/west on west and north of there. Mount Pocono got 2.23" and Lancaster was 2.68"

So much for South Jersey and Delaware getting much of anything last night...they made up for Grothar's ark-busting rains.

Rainfall amounts: Philly 0.77" (for comparison's sake), Mount Holly 0.23", Millville 0.09", AC 0.45", Wilmington 0.45".

One inch plus crowd were the suburban counties north/west on west and north of there. Mount Pocono got 2.23" and Lancaster was 2.68"

Yeah, when I saw the tor warning pop west of the city, I thought it might get interesting, but obviously we know how that worked out. Not a whisper of thunder, nor a flash of lightning for us last night in jerz. Just some breezy rain...

You had a good call (on less rain) for Jersey yesterday afternoon.

You had a good call (on less rain) for Jersey yesterday afternoon.

thanks...I whiffed a bit on the high end (didn't think Lititz would end up with almost 4") but this was really a Central/Eastern PA/Maryland bullseye event...models had that pretty well hinted at.

Archived