Newest Member
    northernriwx
SE PA/Mt. Holly severe threats..

NaoPos

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last one.

Very interesting pic, the last one. The sign was bent about 45°, the tree in the back ground at first glance looks unscathed, but upon further inspection it looks like about 25-30ft above ground the branches are twisted around each other. IMO that structure just behind that tree was lucky. I don't believe this could be straight line wind damage with the tree behind showing branches twisted around each other. Possible strong EF-1 damage??

Very interesting pic, the last one. The sign was bent about 45°, the tree in the back ground at first glance looks unscathed, but upon further inspection it looks like about 25-30ft above ground the branches are twisted around each other. IMO that structure just behind that tree was lucky. I don't believe this could be straight line wind damage with the tree behind showing branches twisted around each other. Possible strong EF-1 damage??

Yup, was rated EF1. 1.25 mile path length, 1/4 mile wide.

This is the address of the Wawa we filmed at 204 connolly road, Fallston, MD 21047. Right in the path of the EF1 tornado we were in. You can see clearly with google earth street maps.

I'm wondering what will happen up here after the omega block weakens. If you want to chase in a photo friendly area of the county that most don't know about, pick the I-90 corridor across southern MN, it's a prime chase area 30 miles east of Rochester MN to the west from there to the SD/MN border. Good road networks and a very good sight line. But please stay away from eastern Filmore County, all of Houston county and Winona County in far southeast MN. Crazy stuff happens in the bluff country, up slope and down slope winds are strong and the road network follows the bluffs, No east, west, north or south road networks.

Dude - I was coming up the coast (probably somewhere off the NJ shoreline) last night on a Disney Cruise ship when we were greeted by the leftovers from all this fun. It was late, and I was tired, but the ship was rocking more than it did all week (including being on the fringe of Beryl) and the lightning was intense.

Figures that I'd miss all the wx fun while on vacation. :(

Could see some action later today, SPC has the area in See Text/5% for wind. 0z 4km NAM, valid at 20z today, shows a nice line pushing SE through PA.

...ERN OH/PA INTO NRN VA...MD AND DE...

EARLY CONVECTION IS LIKELY TO BE ONGOING ACROSS THE LOWER GREAT

LAKES IN ASSOCIATION WITH A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH. THIS TROUGH WILL

GRADUALLY DEVELOP ESEWD...WITH LOW LEVEL WINDS VEERING TO NWLY OVER

MUCH OF THE AREA. STRONG DAYTIME HEATING BENEATH COLD TEMPERATURES

ALOFT WILL RESULT IN MUCAPE ON THE ORDER OF 500 J/KG...AND EROSION

OF CIN RELATIVELY EARLY/BEFORE 18Z/. ALTHOUGH STORMS WILL BE LOW

TOPPED...DEEP LAYER SHEAR MIGHT FAVOR SOME ORGANIZATION...WITH THE

MOST LIKELY STORM MODE SMALL CELLS OR LINE SEGMENTS...TRAVELING

RAPIDLY SEWD WITH A MARGINAL WIND AND HAIL THREAT. STORMS MAY

PERSIST INTO THE EARLY EVENING AS THERE WILL BE LITTLE CIN INCREASE

EVEN AFTER SUNSET.

Not to shabby at all! The back and forth chatting between you and Lee was entertaining as well.

Indeed. Video without the commentary and banter would have been much less entertaining and interesting.

This is the full Video of Ryan Driving while i was filming. Its 9 minutes in total. Alot of fun it was for sure. Enjoy.

Thanks Lee (and Ryan) for sharing this video with us.

Indeed. Video without the commentary and banter would have been much less entertaining and interesting.

Thanks Lee (and Ryan) for sharing this video with us.

You and Everyone is welcome to view and enjoy the video that we took, and thats why it is there for so everyone can see and all. Glad Ryan and I went out to go after it.

Could see some action later today, SPC has the area in See Text/5% for wind. 0z 4km NAM, valid at 20z today, shows a nice line pushing SE through PA.

...ERN OH/PA INTO NRN VA...MD AND DE...

EARLY CONVECTION IS LIKELY TO BE ONGOING ACROSS THE LOWER GREAT

LAKES IN ASSOCIATION WITH A WEAK SURFACE TROUGH. THIS TROUGH WILL

GRADUALLY DEVELOP ESEWD...WITH LOW LEVEL WINDS VEERING TO NWLY OVER

MUCH OF THE AREA. STRONG DAYTIME HEATING BENEATH COLD TEMPERATURES

ALOFT WILL RESULT IN MUCAPE ON THE ORDER OF 500 J/KG...AND EROSION

OF CIN RELATIVELY EARLY/BEFORE 18Z/. ALTHOUGH STORMS WILL BE LOW

TOPPED...DEEP LAYER SHEAR MIGHT FAVOR SOME ORGANIZATION...WITH THE

MOST LIKELY STORM MODE SMALL CELLS OR LINE SEGMENTS...TRAVELING

RAPIDLY SEWD WITH A MARGINAL WIND AND HAIL THREAT. STORMS MAY

PERSIST INTO THE EARLY EVENING AS THERE WILL BE LITTLE CIN INCREASE

EVEN AFTER SUNSET.

I guess I will have to say that we are in one hell of a drought now in Macungie and this map proves that it will continue. Ah ah. I really believe that 6-10 inches of rain in the past two weeks is a real eye opener. God I hope we do not have an Agnes type of storm come up the spine of the Apps or we are in deep sh*& for flooding. Got to get back to building my ark.

Hahaha Lee and Ryan Timmer!

anyone think they looked at each other and held hands thelma and louise style when they realized they were driving into a tornado? ;):lol: j/k guys...

question on what may come through later, it looks similar to what approached the area last Sunday, which many referred to as an MCS. Would this be another example of one, or just showers associated with the low? Struggling a bit with how to make the differentiation...

anyone think they looked at each other and held hands thelma and louise style when they realized they were driving into a tornado? ;):lol: j/k guys...

question on what may come through later, it looks similar to what approached the area last Sunday, which many referred to as an MCS. Would this be another example of one, or just showers associated with the low? Struggling a bit with how to make the differentiation...

Nah, this isnt a MCS. Whats causing this is the storm that affected us friday night had a primary that went to the great lakes and a 2ndry that went into new england. Due to the extreme negative nao block the low is blocked from moving out. So what you get is an h5 cutoff low over the lakes that has pieces of vorticity that pin wheel around that low. Those showers are associated with a piece of energy. Once the heating of the day continue you will notice more cumulous clouds form as we will reach our convective temperature and you will also more storms pop up initially north and west of the region which will move through the region later on this afternoon. Each day with the heating of the sun and those spokes of energy rotating around the lows we will get afternoon shower and storms. Some days will be stormier than others, depends how strong the energy is.Below is the latest surface map where you can see the parked lows.

pmsl.gif?1338737653734

Any reports from those cells in the Lehigh valley?

Tombo has been spot on lately this week ladies and gents. Nice job brother.

Cumulous field growing nicely, @ or about 500-750 cape values in the area. Little dry out there, but we have some shear of 25-30knts working its way in. Solid 6.5 degree lapse rates at the mid levels and 7-8 degree low levels lapse (thank you cold pool).

Any reports from those cells in the Lehigh valley?

Tombo has been spot on lately this week ladies and gents. Nice job brother.

Cumulous field growing nicely, @ or about 500-750 cape values in the area. Little dry out there, but we have some shear of 25-30knts working its way in. Solid 6.5 degree lapse rates at the mid levels and 7-8 degree low levels lapse (thank you cold pool).

the low level lapse rates are pretty nuts..8.5-9. That and the heating from the sun, the 500-750 cape combined with the cold pool are igniting these storms.

the storm up by easton right now has the best shot at hail with it, with a cloud top of 17,000ft.

Where's quakertown at? Cell by him just popped some decent dbz, more than likely a hail core.

Archived