Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter thread

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good news, euro lost the whole week of rain next week. Bad news its still going to rain but its now monday night into wed night with 1-2.5 inches. Hopefully this rain will recharge the well systems in this epic drought.

I saw 2 tumbleweeds today. Scary. Plus, dry begets dry

good news, euro lost the whole week of rain next week. Bad news its still going to rain but its now monday night into wed night with 1-2.5 inches. Hopefully this rain will recharge the well systems in this epic drought.

Don't worry it will only keep the grass green for a couple weeks and only raise base streams levels temporarily.

My well is almost dry now, I may die of thirst. Until the epic floodicane comes and saves us all.

tl;dr

is the Grothar drought going strong? localized water restriction for South Macungie?

I'll be home for the summer on Wednesday! So expect boring weather til June 3rd, then two weeks of awesome severe, then nothing again until August. Irene redux in September is possible also.

tl;dr

is the Grothar drought going strong? localized water restriction for South Macungie?

I'll be home for the summer on Wednesday! So expect boring weather til June 3rd, then two weeks of awesome severe, then nothing again until August. Irene redux in September is possible also.

The USGS has removed us out a short and long term drought conditions sometime during the latter part of this week . The rapid drop in the groundwater table has also slowed considerably this past week but is still dropping. If we get the two inches of rain this week, that should stop the groundwater tables from dropping further and stabilize the levels going into summer. If we get more than two inches of rain, the Little Lehigh will be most likely out of its banks for the first time this spring. Four inches of rain and Spring Creek Rd will be flooded. A drought watch issued by the state by Memorial Day will be not happen if we get the rain that the GFS models have been hinting all week. Gentlemen, Yes it appears my concerns for a drought have been for naught, I gracefully will admit my prediction has thankfully been proven wrong and I will move on. For smokeater-- yes we were in still in short term drought conditions as determined by the USGS and Palmer Indices last week but we have now been removed. The models still are hinting flooding rains from some type of tropical moisture feed- whether from a hurricane or from a deep tropical low.

pa07d_dwc.gif

w30_le644.gifUSGS.403429075392401.02.72019..20120505.20120512..0..gif

Continuing the trend exhibited on earlier runs of the GFS, 0Z GFS had a s&*^load of rain through Wednesday morning, but the 6Z cut it in half. It's hard to estimate totals from Euro on Wundermap, but it looks like around about a half inch. Still something to be watched, obviously.

euro is 1-1.75 for the region

The USGS has removed us out a short and long term drought conditions sometime during the latter part of this week . The rapid drop in the groundwater table has also slowed considerably this past week but is still dropping. If we get the two inches of rain this week, that should stop the groundwater tables from dropping further and stabilize the levels going into summer. If we get more than two inches of rain, the Little Lehigh will be most likely out of its banks for the first time this spring. Four inches of rain and Spring Creek Rd will be flooded. A drought watch issued by the state by Memorial Day will be not happen if we get the rain that the GFS models have been hinting all week. Gentlemen, Yes it appears my concerns for a drought have been for naught, I gracefully will admit my prediction has thankfully been proven wrong and I will move on. For smokeater-- yes we were in still in short term drought conditions as determined by the USGS and Palmer Indices last week but we have now been removed. The models still are hinting flooding rains from some type of tropical moisture feed- whether from a hurricane or from a deep tropical low.

pa07d_dwc.gif

w30_le644.gifUSGS.403429075392401.02.72019..20120505.20120512..0..gif

As much as I give you a hard time, I respect you for admitting your forecast didn't go the way you thought it would. That's more then some on this board would do.

As much as I give you a hard time, I respect you for admitting your forecast didn't go the way you thought it would. That's more then some on this board would do.

Thank you. By the way someone should start a thread on the upcoming storms- observations and thoughts. 2-4 inches of rain is a big deal for us in a 24 hour storm event. It only takes 3-5 inches to cause some serious flooding issues in our area even if we are dry now.

Thank you. By the way someone should start a thread on the upcoming storms- observations and thoughts. 2-4 inches of rain is a big deal for us in a 24 hour storm event. It only takes 3-5 inches to cause some serious flooding issues in our area even if we are dry now.

yea looks like a general 1-3 for the region. Looks like the heaviest appears to from lancaster to mdt region right up to scranton. purely basing this off the srefs and euro

you're prone to hyperbole at times...

Archived