Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD: Banter thread

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the nice weather will be up for grabs as stated above then a few hiccups next week before a warm up right in time for the memorial day beach goers. Would think it is modified on future GFS and euro runs though. Most so far this year started out very warm and prolonged on the model to only be shortening or screwed by an east flow. Not saying that is going to happen again but this pattern has been capable of producing that. seams fitting we set our self back up for a warm up into the mid 80s to end the month though.which by my guess (correct me if I am wrong) would take Philadelphia to about 2 degrees above average to end the month.

Classical memorial day weekend per 18z GFS cloudy and showery. The model went from hot and dry to the stormy pattern continues right after our break. I find it hilarious it changed so much in 1 run lol.

the 12z euro only goes out to 7am saturday on mem weekend, but saturday looks pretty warm atleast 80s. A front though is approaching from the ohio valley which may make inroads on sunday.

the 12z euro only goes out to 7am saturday on mem weekend, but saturday looks pretty warm atleast 80s. A front though is approaching from the ohio valley which may make inroads on sunday.

ya we will just have to wait for it to be in full range and of course get through the system for next week and see what that gives us.

Check out the NA view of the WV satellite. That tropical storm in the EPAC is throwing all sorts of moisture into our current soon to be former airmass. I bet it helped enhance the storms last night.

Per 0z Nam part of the moisture and energy down south on water vapor now will develope into the Atlantic system for next week.

12z euro, vastly different than the gfs and has been advertising a wet start to next week. Drops .75-1 for central and souther del...then northern del nj and pa its a 1.25-2.5 rainfall. drought begets drought

:axe: :axe: :axe:

This is getting disgusting.

Per 0z Nam part of the moisture and energy down south on water vapor now will develope into the Atlantic system for next week.

classic "tail end of cold front" spin up low situation. BTW, system won't be overly strong but it will be stubborn since there's nothing to capture it and kick it out to sea.

interesting to note that the models are struggling with how this low develops...the gfs and ec last night have two weaker lows developing over a five day period in the atlantic...not sure if that actually verifies or if we get one broad weak disturbance instead.

last note, region is still 2-5" below average YTD on rain. We're running normal to two inches above for this month but because March and most of April were really dry we still have a bit of a hole to dig out of.

last note, region is still 2-5" below average YTD on rain. We're running normal to two inches above for this month but because March and most of April were really dry we still have a bit of a hole to dig out of.

Not to mention February.

Interesting to see kathy orr over on cbs 3 is doing a summer forecast tonight on the 11pm news. Seams as if more on tv are doing seasonal forecast other then just the winter forecast now. I Believe glen before his operation (god bless him for a fast recovery) did a spring outlook for the first time in his career.

As usual the canadain is rather bullish for next week and is putting out 1-2 inches of rain fall in isolated areas Philly on east with Philly being the western extent of the higher amounts. for the rest it is just annoying but needed showers on the canadain. For now this is the wettest solution of the 12z models with the euro currently coming in.

12z euro has a shower chance for everyday next week right through to where the run ends memorial day weekend Sunday 00z.

Interesting to note the system down south that will be affecting us next week is outperforming greatly on radar not sure if there was any model that had 2-4+ for NC. Maybe there was and I did not see it. Also looks very impressive on wv. should be interesting to see if this changes the models at all.

Side note the nam and canadain both now agree on a questionable forecast for Sunday with the nam have a wet day for most of the region on Sunday.

Archived