Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Late Spring 2012

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL the ENTIRE WIDTH of the state now under a warning.

Pretty sure this is a first.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE PA HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

WESTERN CAMERON COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA...

NORTHWESTERN CLEARFIELD COUNTY IN CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA...

ELK COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA...

EASTERN MCKEAN COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL PENNSYLVANIA...

* UNTIL 700 PM EDT

* AT 604 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS. THESE SEVERE STORMS EXTENDED FROM

BROCKWAY TO BURNSIDE...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 45 MPH. THESE STORMS ARE

CAPABLE OF PRODUCING DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE...

PORTLAND MILLS AND DUBOIS...

RIDGWAY AND BROCKPORT...

ROCKTON...

JOHNSONBURG AND PENFIELD...

WILCOX AND EAST BRANCH DAM...

ST. MARYS AND S.B. ELLIOT STATE PARK...

Lancaster looking to go under the scope again. Rotating supercell just to the West of Bel Air, MD looking to soon cross over into SLACO.

Tornado reported by spotter from that cell.

Smoke eater from the mid-Atlantic has been chasing and ended up on this cell. his most recent post was "IN A TORNADO."

Lots of disco in the mid Atlantic subforum

Man it is really dumping rain from these storms that fired along the Allegheny front ahead of the main line. Could temper what wind i see from the main line, we'll see here very shortly. The portion of the line from Altoona south looks very impressive.

Maybe couple gusts to 40, I think those lead storms screwed it up for me here wind wise. Boy did we get/are still getting some very heavy rain though, Going to head out to check for any flooding issues, i'd say theres a really good chance of that.

Whole line is weakening.

I ailing back to HBG, this cell weakened considerably.

Speaking of weakening, what's up w/ the squall line looking more ragged all of a sudden?

I think that's probably just attenuation. Notice it's right as the squall got over the radar.

EDIT: Also, the echoes weaken almost everywhere at the same time (not just in the squall, but elsewhere too). So... ya. Attentuation. :P

I think that's probably just attenuation. Notice it's right as the squall got over the radar.

EDIT: Also, the echoes weaken almost everywhere at the same time (not just in the squall, but elsewhere too). So... ya. Attentuation. :P

I was referring to how the heavier returns in the Southern half of the state are no longer the leading edge of the precip shield.

Isn't that a sign of weakening?

Wow. That's heavy rain.

Yeah...serious rain. Winds were/are not very impressive here in Bellefonte, a few gusts to maybe 40mph. Must have been something a bit west of here though, because I saw a definite transformer flash when the line was about 2-3 miles west of town.

Yikes...very, VERY close lightning strike here. I walked over to a window to look out, and no sooner did than I was nearly blinded by a flash and there was an instant crack/rumble of thunder...looked like it was maybe one block east of my apartment at most.

Archived