Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
What's the Weather Where You are?

terpguy

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thursday was mostly cloudy with morning sprinkles and chilly, with temps remaining in the 40s all day. Tonight clouds remain and there are widely scattered sprinkles and even a few snow flurries in the higher elevations early on this Friday morning. Clouds should remain during the daylight hours of Friday, with more sprinkles and high temps in the low 50s. Partly cloudy skies on Friday night with lows in the upper 30s. Mostly sunny skies on Saturday with highs around 50, lows in the mid 30s. More of the same on Sunday but with more clouds, highs again around 50. Continued cool temps into the new week, highs on Monday in the upper 40s with lows in the 30s. Clouds return on Tuesday with highs in the low 50s. Wednesday and Thursday are probably going to be cloudy and remaining cool - possible nor'easter storm offshore midweek, still a bit uncertain right now but stay tuned! Temps for early November normally are around 60 with lows in the low 40s, so we are starting out the new month a bit below normal. This pattern appears to be holding forth most if not all of the new week. Flood waters from the runoff of Sandy's rains are cresting over the next several hours, then should be receding over the weekend.

Thursday's precipitation: T

Sandy storm rainfall total: 6.39"

October total precipitation 11.59" (new monthly record)

November total precipitation T

Annual YTD precipitation total: 39.76"

VP2 data for Thursday as follows:

High temp 48.7° (1226) (50.4° RS)

(RS stands for my Radio Shack wireless thermometer being used as a backup)

Low temp 42.0° (0429) (43.3° RS)

Obs temp tonight 43.9° (VP2) 45.1° (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 13 MPH from the SW (1136)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 84% (0431) to a low of 64% (1141)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 40° to 36°.

Pressures ranged from 29.77"(2345) to 29.67"(0000)

At midnight obs, temp was 43.9°(VP2)/45.1°(RS), Cloudy, Winds Calm. Pressure at 29.77" and rising, humidity 78% with the dew point at 37°.

Currently at 0249 EDT, the temp is 41.7°(VP2)/42.6°(RS), Cloudy, Winds Calm, Pressure at 29.77" and steady, humidity 80% with the dew point at 36°.

Currently only scattered, very light precip as sprinkles or snow flurries in the higher elevations in the region occurring at this time.

Kevin the Walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on this Friday morning.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday was mostly cloudy with morning sprinkles/light showers and chilly, with temps a bit warmer on the max but cooler on the min than Thursday. A chilly breeze this evening, dew points have dropped into the low 30s. Sunny skies should return on Saturday with highs in the low 50s and breezes from the NW maintaining. Clouds and sun should alternate the following several days, with highs in the upper 40s to around 50 on Sunday- Wednesday, with possible rain/snow showers late Tuesday and rain showers on Wednesday. No major warmup in sight, perhaps a bit milder the rest of the week with highs in the low-mid 50s. Lows should be in the 30s to low 40s, but no widespread freeze for our immediate area for the coming week that I see. Flood waters from the runoff of Sandy's rains are now slowly receding as the area normalizes.

Friday's precipitation: 0.01" (LR) 0.01" (VP2) Max rain rate 0.01" @ 1100

November total precipitation: 0.01"

Annual YTD precipitation total: 39.77"

VP2 data for Friday as follows:

High temp 51.5° (1117) (52.0° RS)

Low temp 38.6° (0651) (39.4° RS)

Obs temp tonight 43.5° (VP2) 44.6° (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 14 MPH from the SW (1448)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 89% (0601) to a low of 52% (1611)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 38° to 32°.

Pressures ranged from 29.95"(2352) to 29.75"(0438)

At midnight obs, temp was 43.5°(VP2)/44.6°(RS), Cloudy, Winds 3 MPH from the WSW. Pressure at 29.95" and rising, humidity 67% with the dew point at 33°.

Currently at 0420 EDT, the temp is 42.9°(VP2)/43.9°(RS), Cloudy, Winds 2 MPH from the WSW, Pressure at 29.96" and steady, humidity 64% with dew point at 31°.

Currently only scattered, very light precip as sprinkles or snow flurries in the hills of PA and NY, along with an area of light showers in central IL, and an area of snow coming in from the W into western WI at this time.

Kevin the Walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on this Saturday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday was partly to mostly cloudy and chilly, with max temps once again remaining in the 40s and lows in the upper 30s. Semi-annual weather party up at Herb Close's in Manchester MD, about 45 miles NNE of here. Great videos, great weather talk, great food. Good time. A bit of a bummer on the way home- got pulled over by a state cop for speeding (64 in a 50 zone on route 27 south of Westminster, about 30 miles from home). Just got a warning - I have a very clean driving record. Tonight we have had some clearing so temps have been tumbling into the mid 30s on this extended, one-hour longer night due to the changeover back to Standard Time. A freeze watch is out for my area, for both tonight and Sunday night, as temps drop into the low 30s both nights. My coldest temp so far this fall season has been 33.8 so I probably will get lower than that reading. Sunday through Tuesday should see mostly to partly cloudy skies with high temps in the upper 40s, lows in the 30s. Wednesday looks like a cold rain during the day possibly changing over or mixing with snow on Wednesday night near the end - a coastal storm they still don't know the exact track for. The rest of the week should be sunny and remaining chilly, with highs in the 40s and lows around 30.

Saturday's precipitation: 0

VP2 data for Saturday as follows:

High temp 46.7° (1613) (47.8° RS)

Low temp 39.3° (2258) (39.6° RS - Estimated)

Obs temp tonight 40.3° (VP2) 40.6° (Estimated) (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 13 MPH from the NW (0057)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 82% (2320) to a low of 59% (1455)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 35° to 31°.

Pressures ranged from 30.10"(2328) to 29.94"(0113)

At midnight obs, temp was 40.3°(VP2)/40.6°(Estimated- RS), PCloudy, Winds 1 MPH from the WNW. Pressure at 30.09" and falling, humidity 79% with the dew point at 34°.

Currently at 0548 EST, the temp is 35.0°(VP2)/35.4°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.09" and steady, humidity 81% with dew point at 30°.

Currently only scattered, very light precip as light showers/sprinkles or snow flurries in ME, coastal NC and SE VA, and in Iowa/WI/IL at this time.

Kevin the Walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on this Sunday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday was partly to mostly sunny and continued chilly, with max temps once again remaining in the 40s and lows in the mid 30s. Tonight we have cleared out some but during the past few hours have seen temps creeping up and over the 40 mark. We have another freeze warning out for my area overnight, as temps may drop into the low 30s. Last night's 33.9 came within 0.1° of my previous coldest reading of the season set back on October 13. Sunday through Tuesday should see mostly to partly cloudy skies with high temps in the upper 40s, lows in the 30s. Wednesday looks like a cold rain during the day (60 POP) and a high temp of only the low 40s. Wednesday night, as a bit more cold air works in the area, the rain may turn to or mix with snow, with low temps in the low 30s. Thursday more of the same (both Wed night and Thurs have a 50 POP) with highs once again in the low 40s. Lows in the 30s as we dry out Thursday night, then clear and a moderating trend from Friday through the weekend, with highs in the low 50s on Friday rising to the low 60s by Sunday. Lows should be in the 30s, rising to the low-mid 40s by Sunday. A dry, tranquil period for next weekend into the following week as it looks now. Election Day in this area looks to be calm with no precip and seasonably cool temps.

Sunday's precipitation: 0

VP2 data for Sunday as follows:

High temp 49.3° (1428) (50.0° RS)

Low temp 33.9° (0643) (34.3° RS)

Obs temp tonight 39.9° (VP2) 40.3° (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 13 MPH from the NE (1409)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 85% (0714) to a low of 49% (1431)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 36° to 29°.

Pressures ranged from 30.11"(0818) to 30.03"(1432)

At midnight obs, temp was 39.9°(VP2)/40.3°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.08" and steady, humidity 72% with the dew point at 32°.

Currently at 0212 EST, the temp is 40.5°(VP2)/41.0°(RS), Clear, Winds 4 MPH from the NE but variable out there right now, barometric pressure at 30.07" and steady, humidity 65% with dew point at 29°.

Currently only light precip in parts of Missouri about to head into Illinois, and also off the coast of North Carolina at this time.

Kevin the walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on this Monday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday was back to work again and partly to mostly cloudy and continued chilly, actually getting cold this evening, as at 2328 EST I finally hit 32.0 for my first 32 min of the season, and heading down now into the 20s early this Tuesday morning. November 5 is now the third latest 32 min day of the fall season, records back to 1979. I almost tied the Nov 6 record, missing it by about 35 minutes. 2004 and 2009 were the years when the November 6 records were established. My average date through my period of record is about October 20- the date has been fluxing of late, with these late November dates making the average date move later and later in the month. Tuesday should see mostly sunny skies with highs in the upper 40s. Cloudy Tuesday night with lows in the low 30s. Wednesday and Wednesday night should be cloudy and cold, highs in the low 40s, with a 70 POP for rain, possibly mixing with snow at times. This storm has changed tracks a bit according to the latest forecast model runs. It appears to be steering a bit more offshore now, which lessens our heavy precipitation chances, be it rain or snow or a combination of the two. Final tracks should be determined sometime Tuesday, so tomorrow's post will have the final predictions for Wednesday. Election Day weather should be fine after a frosty morning. From Thursday on through the weekend we should see partly to mostly sunny skies with a moderating trend in store, upper 40s on Thursday will warm to upper 50s by Veteran's Day Sunday then probably lower 60s on Monday. Lows in the 30s Wednesday and Thursday night, rising into the 40s from Thursday through Sunday nights.

Monday's precipitation: 0

VP2 data for Monday as follows:

High temp 47.7° (1422) (48.4° RS)

Low temp 31.2° (0643) (31.6° RS)

Obs temp tonight 31.2° (VP2) 31.6° (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 14 MPH from the N (1018)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 83% (2341) to a low of 49% (1422)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 33° to 27°.

Pressures ranged from 30.21"(2338) to 30.06"(0115)

At midnight obs, temp was 31.2°(VP2)/31.6°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.21" and rising, humidity 83% with the dew point at 27°.

Currently at 0136 EST, the temp is 29.4°(VP2)/29.5°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.21" and steady, humidity 86% with dew point at 26°.

Currently some scattered light mixed precip returns are showing up in parts of the region - they don't appear to be reaching the ground. Clear elsewhere around the Eastern US except for rain activity building in the southern sections, through AL, GA and parts of TN.

Kevin the Walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on this Tuesday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Election Day, Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday was a partly sunny, cool Election Day, with our coldest morning of the season so far, officially ending the 2012 growing season with our sub-32 min of 27.9. High temps only reached the mid 40s, continuing our cooler than normal trend since Sandy blew in late last month. But not bad conditions for voting, and big numbers of voters turned out at the polls in my area. Tonight the skies have turned cloudy, temps holding in the upper 30s at the present time. Radar shows precipitation out in the Atlantic right off our Maryland and Delaware coast. By morning rain and/or snow will break out, with an inch or two of wet snow accumulation possible by Wednesday night. High temps Wednesday should be around 40, lows back down in the 30s Wednesday night. With the ground still warm and unfrozen, the snow will not stick very well, esp on the roads so I don't anticipate major traffic problems caused by weather conditions. Thursday through the long Veteran's Day weekend we should have a mostly sunny period with a moderating trend sending max temps through the 40s and 50s into the low 60s by Monday with lows in the 30s and 40s.

Tuesday's precipitation: 0

VP2 data for Tuesday as follows:

High temp 44.8° (1439) (45.5° RS)

Low temp 27.9° (0503) (27.9° RS)

Note: Time of my low temp of 31.2 on Monday was 2359, not the 0643 that I reported in yesterday's post.

Obs temp tonight 38.9° (VP2) 39.2° (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 10 MPH from the NE (1044)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 90% (0531) to a low of 50% (1412)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 32° to 25°.

Pressures ranged from 30.24"(1021) to 30.04"(2249)

At midnight obs, temp was 38.9°(VP2)/39.2°(RS), Cloudy, Winds 3 MPH from the ENE. Pressure at 30.05" and falling, humidity 66% with the dew point at 28°.

Currently at 0227 EST, the temp is 37.9°(VP2)/38.1°(RS), Cloudy, Winds 3 MPH from the N, Pressure at 29.99" and falling, humidity 67% with dew point at 28°.

Currently radar is showing rain just off and at the coast of Maryland and Delaware at this time. Rain will gradually head west towards my area, and when encountering the colder air, developing light, wet snow after crossing the Chesapeake Bay as we work our way through the morning into the afternoon.

Kevin the Walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on this Wednesday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wednesday was cloudy, cold, and a bit breezy at times, but as far as I know no precipitation of any type fell at my location. I stayed home not feeling 100%, esp. with the potential of rough conditions outside and on the roads. I know that some areas of the county had sleet for a time today, but I didn't see any here. And the temps stayed well above freezing, and the dew point temp kept dropping all day, as more cold, dry air filtered in our way from the north. Radar showed precip echoes just a few miles to my east, but much of it was drying up as it fell through the relatively dry atmosphere. That radar pattern continues, running roughly along the I-95 corridor, which is about 20 miles to my SE. Officially we should have cloudy skies and temps in the mid-upper 30s overnight. A slow clearing trend on Thursday with temps moderating up into the 50s, assuming we get some sun in the afternoon which we should. Thursday night clear and cold with lows in the 30s. Friday moderating a bit more, with sunny skies and highs up into the mid 50s. Saturday should see temps approaching 60 under sunny skies, after one more night with lows in the 30s. Sunday and Veterans Day Monday should be sunny and mild, with high temps in the mid 60s and lows in the 40s. A 40 POP for showers and cooler weather looks to be on tap for the return to work on Tuesday.

Wednesday's precipitation: 0

VP2 data for Wednesday as follows:

High temp 43.1° (1518) (43.5° RS)

Low temp 36.1° (0602) (36.3° RS)

Obs temp tonight 41.2° (VP2) 41.5° (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 15 MPH from the NW (2157)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 74% (0507) to a low of 50% (2300)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 31° to 24°.

Pressures ranged from 30.06"(0004) to 29.92"(1432)

At midnight obs, temp was 41.2°(VP2)/41.5°(RS), Cloudy, Winds 5 MPH from the N. Pressure at 29.94" and steady, humidity 50% with the dew point at 24°.

Currently at 0215 EST, the temp is 40.6°(VP2)/41.0°(RS), Cloudy, Winds 6 MPH from the NW, Pressure at 29.93" and steady, humidity 51% with dew point at 24°.

Currently radar is showing rain slowly retreating east and north, but still lying as close to me as the I-95 corridor in the SE end of my county. Lots of snow showing up through much of NJ and NY at this time, heading into CT...

Kevin the Walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on this Thursday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thursday started out cold and cloudy as the last vestiges of the nor-easter (known as Athena on TWC but not many other places like NWS recognize this name) moved away and up to New England and points beyond. We cleared off to a sunny sky in the afternoon, with some pretty good breezes at times from the NW. Temps reached the 50s, almost 10 degrees warmer than Wednesday. It should get back down in the 30s Thursday overnight into Friday morning, then rise again well into the 50s on Friday afternoon. The weekend into Veteran's Day Monday (I am off from work - YEAH!!) should be sunny and mild, with temps in the mid-upper 60s and lows mostly in the 40s. Tuesday and Wednesday should see clouds and a 50 POP for showers then cooling down the rest of the week with highs in the upper 40s and lows in the 30s.

Thursday's precipitation: 0

High temp 52.7° (1428) (53.4° RS)

Low temp 37.7° (0627) (37.9° RS)

Obs temp tonight 42.4° (VP2) 42.6° (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 23 MPH from the NW (1505)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 63% (2347) to a low of 23% (1451)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 31° to 15°.

Pressures ranged from 30.09"(2352) to 29.92"(0243) .

At midnight obs, temp was 42.4°(VP2)/42.6°(RS), Clear, Winds 2 MPH from the SW. Pressure at 30.08" and rising, humidity 63% with the dew point at 30°.

Currently at 0221 EST, the temp is 41.9°(VP2)/42.1°(RS), Clear, Winds 4 MPH from the SW, Pressure at 30.11" and rising, humidity 66% with dew point at 31°.

Currently radar is showing frozen precipitation occurring over northern Maine and parts of New Brunswick at this time. All clear elsewhere.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday started out chilly but warmed quickly into the mid 50s under strong sun to give us our warmest day of November (so far). Overnight into Saturday clear skies and light winds have dropped our temps into the low-mid 30s, our last night in the 30s for a few days. Over the 3 day weekend we should see high temps in the 60s and lows in the 40s through Monday. Clouding up Monday, then showers (60 POP) on Monday night, continued showers on Tuesday (70 POP) with highs in the 50s, then clearing and cooler on Wednesday and Thursday with highs in the upper 40s and lows in the 30s.

Friday's precipitation: 0

High temp 54.9°(1538)(55.4° RS)

Low temp 37.5°(2355)(37.4° RS)

Obs temp tonight 37.5°(VP2) 37.4°(RS)

Peak Wind Gust 13 MPH from the S (0941)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 87%(2354) to a low of 47%(1441)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 37° to 30°.

Pressures ranged from 30.25"(2349) to 30.08"(0003)

At midnight obs, temp was 37.5°(VP2)/37.4°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.25" and steady, humidity 87% with the dew point at 34°.

Currently at 0445 EST, the temp is 34.0°(VP2)/34.0°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.29" and rising, humidity 91% with dew point at 32°.

Currently radar is showing some light, scattered shower activity in parts of northern WV, eastern OH, western PA and southwestern NY state at this time. Showers appear to be moving slowly eastward and as such, will probably stay north of my area over the next several hours.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday started out chilly with the morning min just above the freezing mark, but once again warmed quickly into the mid 60s under strong sun to give us our warmest day of November (so far). Overnight into Sunday clear skies and light winds have dropped our temps into the upper 30s, a bit lower than originally forecast. Sunday should see sunny skies and mild temperatures, with highs in the upper 60s. Sunday night clear to partly cloudy with lows a bit milder, no lower than the mid 40s. Veterans Day Monday should turn cloudy, with highs in the mid 60s. Monday evening rain showers will develop after midnight most likely (100 POP) with lows in the upper 40s. A 60 POP for more showers on Tuesday with highs only in the low 50s as a strong cold front passes through the area. Clearing skies Tuesday night and the rest of the week, with lows in the low 30s Tuesday night, and a high temp of only around 50 on Wednesday under sunny skies. The rest of the week should be sunny to partly cloudy with highs in the 50-55 range and lows in the 30s.

High temp 64.1°(1419)(64.6° RS)

Low temp 33.4°(0624)(33.4° RS)

Obs temp tonight 43.1°(VP2) 43.1°(RS)

Peak Wind Gust 7 MPH from the E (1317)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 94%(0806) to a low of 37%(1351)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 42° to 31°.

Pressures ranged from 30.39"(2346) to 30.25"(0010)

At midnight obs, temp was 43.1°(VP2)/43.1°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.38" and steady, humidity 83% with the dew point at 38°.

Currently at 0525 EST, the temp is 38.3°(VP2)/38.3°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.41" and rising, humidity 92% with dew point at 36°.

Currently radar is showing light shower activity over parts of upstate NY and into parts of southern Ontario, and then light activity in sections of the midwest, mostly in MI, WI, and IL at this time. All slowly headed this way.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday started out chilly once more, lows still in the 30s, but under sunny skies the temperatures soared today well up into the 60s. Still clear tonight but milder, with temps still in the mid 40s early this Monday morning. On Monday clouds should be on the increase, temps once again up in the 60s, then cloudy Monday night with overnight rain showers developing as a strong cold front from the Midwest pushes east into our area. Morning showers on Tuesday then clearing in the afternoon with dropping temperatures into the 50s. Tuesday night should be clear and cold, with low temps around freezing if not below by morning. Wednesday should find conditions sunny and cold, with high temps only in the mid 40s, then lows in the upper 20s to lower 30s. Thursday and Friday should see sunny with cool temps in the low-mid 50s. Sunny with highs in the low 50s on Saturday as it looks right now.

High temp 67.2°(1433)(67.6° RS)

Low temp 37.5°(0659)(37.6° RS)

Obs temp tonight 51.8°(VP2) 52.0°(RS)

Peak Wind Gust 8 MPH from the SE (1301)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 96%(0836) to a low of 42%(1455)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 46° to 35°.

Pressures ranged from 30.48"(0911) to 30.37"(0133)

At midnight obs, temp was 51.8°(VP2)/52.0°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.43" and steady, humidity 78% with the dew point at 45°.

Currently at 0255 EST, the temp is 46.5°(VP2)/46.8°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.42" and steady, humidity 87% with dew point at 43°.

Currently radar is showing a pretty good line of shower activity running NNE/SSW through most of Indiana, eastern IL, western parts of KY and TN, just starting to edge into western OH at this time. All headed this way, should be here in less than 24 hours.

Kevin the Walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on this Monday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday started out sunny and milder than the past few mornings, then increasing clouds and warm in the afternoon with highs well up in the 60s. This evening was cloudy, mild, and increasingly humid, with late evening showers just prior to obs. Rain showers will continue to fall overnight, and end by mid to late morning on Tuesday. Colder, drier air will infiltrate our region on Tuesday, temps are already starting to drop off, as winds pick up with the frontal showers overnight. Afternoon high temps on Tuesday may not reach out of the upper 40s under the clearing skies and brisk NW winds. Lows Tuesday night should be down around 30 with another freeze, then the rest of the week should be sunny to partly cloudy with highs in the low to mid 50s,lows mostly in the 30s. The weekend looks to start pretty nice on Saturday with sunny skies and highs in the low 50s, there is a hint of some sort of coastal storm activity affecting our area late Sunday or Monday.

Monday's precipitation: 0.06" (LR) 0.06" (VP2) 0.85" Max Rain Rate (MRR) 0.85" @ 2343 at onset of precipitation

November total precipitation: 0.07"

Annual YTD precipitation total: 39.83"

High temp 67.6°(1414)(68.2° RS)

Low temp 42.9°(0624)(43.2° RS)

Obs temp tonight 54.3°(VP2) 54.9°(RS)

Peak Wind Gust 14 MPH from the W (2351)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 96%(0800) to a low of 67%(1541)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 59° to 40°.

Pressures ranged from 30.43"(0009) to 30.14"(2306)

At midnight obs, temp was 54.3°(VP2)/54.9°(RS), Cloudy/lt rain, Winds 4 MPH from the WNW. Pressure at 30.21" and rising, humidity 87% with the dew point at 50°.

Currently at 0043 EST, the temp is 49.3°(VP2)/50.0°(RS), Cloudy/lt rain, Winds 6 MPH from the NW, Pressure at 30.23" and rising, humidity 92% with dew point at 47°. So far another 0.09" of rain has fallen since midnight, up to 0043 EST.

Currently radar is showing a few lines of showers going through the four state region at this time. One of the lines is right over my station at this time.

Kevin the Walrus of Gaithersburg Maryland signing off early on this Tuesday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tuesday initially started out wet and mild, but quickly got wet and cold, as temps dropped into the low 40s within a few hours after midnight. Most of the rain showers fell between midnight and about 9 AM, with sleet mixed in near the end of the precipitation. I observed the pellets hitting my windshield as I was driving southeast towards my office in Silver Spring. No real accumulation, but could definitely see those little ice balls hitting the windshield. Skies cleared pretty quickly by noon and afternoon, with temps staying in the 40s all afternoon and then after sundown quickly dropping into the 30s. We should be in the upper 20s by sunrise Wednesday. During the day on Wednesday, sunny skies and cool temps, with highs in the upper 40s. Lows down around 30 again Wednesday night under clear skies, then the rest of the week through Saturday we should have sunny, cool conditions, with highs in the low 50s and lows in the low-mid 30s. A 40 POP for cold rain showers on Sunday and Monday, with highs in the low-mid 40s and lows in the 30s. I think we should clear off in time for Thanksgiving, but a bit far out right now for a totally definitive forecast.

Tuesday's precipitation: 0.71" (LR) 0.38" (VP2) 0.47" Max Rain Rate (MRR) @ 0019 - not sure why the rather different rainfall amounts between the LR and the VP2

Tuesday's snow/sleet: T

Seasonal snow/sleet: T

November total precipitation: 0.78"

Annual YTD precipitation total: 40.54"

High temp 54.4°(1414)(55.6° RS)

Low temp 34.1°(2353)(34.8° RS - estimated- signal is lost at the current time and for the past few hours)

Obs temp tonight 34.1°(VP2) 34.8°E (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 18 MPH from the E (0004)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 99%(0841) to a low of 55%(1424)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 51° to 27°.

Pressures ranged from 30.51"(2352) to 30.21"(0001)

At midnight obs, temp was 34.1°(VP2)/34.8°E(RS), Clear, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.51" and rising, humidity 77% with the dew point at 28°.

Currently at 0235 EST, the temp is 31.7°(VP2)/M°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.52" and rising, humidity 84% with dew point at 27°.

Currently radar is showing a few scattered light showers of mixed precipitation over parts of Wisconsin.

Kevin the Walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on this Wednesday morning

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Wednesday was sunny and seasonably cold, with high temps in the mid 40s and lows around 30. Overnight tonight we should see some clouds around with lows falling down into the upper 20s. Clouds on Thursday with highs in the upper 40s, lows in the 30s. On Friday and Saturday skies should be mostly sunny, with highs in the low-mid 50s and lows in the low-mid 30s. Sunday through Tuesday clouds should predominate our skies, with highs in the low-mid 50s and lows mostly in the mid-upper 30s. A bit early to figure out Thanksgiving Day, stay tuned in the next few days for that outlook.

High temp 46.3°(1421)(M- RS) (A short note on the time for the high temp of 54.4 on Tuesday. It was reported as 1414 yesterday- it should have been 0001)

(RS stands for my Radio Shack wireless thermometer being used as a backup - currently not working so no report on temps from that sensor)

Low temp 30.5°(0728)(M- RS) (still no signal on the RS sensor)

Obs temp tonight 31.4°(VP2) M (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 13 MPH from the NW (1314)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 88%(0739) to a low of 50%(1424)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 30° to 27°.

Pressures ranged from 30.59"(0915) to 30.46"(2342)

At midnight obs, temp was 31.4°(VP2)/M(RS), High Clouds, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.47" and falling, humidity 88% with the dew point at 28°

Currently at 0214 EST, the temp is 30.6°(VP2)/M°(RS), High Clouds, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.43" and falling, humidity 90% with dew point at 28°.

Currently radar is showing some shower activity down in South Carolina, and a bit of very light activity widely scattered in parts of the Upper Peninsula of MI and over Lake Michigan just north of Green Bay WI.

Kevin the Walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on this Thursday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thursday continued the seasonable chill we have been under, with quite a bit of clouds around,particularly this evening. Noticed some rain showers over far southern MD and in SE VA, looks to be moving up the coast and skip our immediate area. Temps overnight tonight should reach the low-mid 30s by morning. Friday and Saturday should see sunny skies and seasonable temps, with highs in the mid 50s and lows in the 30s. Sunday and Monday should find a return to clouds again with highs around 50 and lows in the 30s, with a coastal storm far enough offshore that we shouldn't get any precpitation out of it as it stands now.Tuesday and Wednesday should see a return to sunny skies and seasonable temps in the low-mid 50s and lows in the 30s. First peek at the possible weather for Thanksgiving shows us sunny skies with highs in the mid 50s, lows continuing in the 30s.

High temp 48.7°(1408)(M- RS)

(RS stands for my Radio Shack wireless thermometer being used as a backup - currently not working so no report on temps from that sensor)

Low temp 30.6°(0157)(M- RS) (still no signal on the RS sensor)

Obs temp tonight 36.8°(VP2) M (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 8 MPH from the NW (1329)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 92%(0359) to a low of 60%(1416)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 36° to 28°.

Pressures ranged from 30.46"(0001) to 30.33"(2038)

At midnight obs, temp was 36.8°(VP2)/M(RS), Cloudy, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.34" and steady, humidity 86% with the dew point at 33°

Currently at 0208 EST, the temp is 36.6°(VP2)/M°(RS), Cloudy, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.34" and steady, humidity 88% with dew point at 33°.

Currently radar is showing that action in southern Maryland and SE VA as mentioned earlier. Currently looking at what looks like a possible thunderstorm over St Marys County MD that has apparently developed over the past few hours though at last peak it appears to be dying out as it was slowly moving north .

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday started out cloudy, with a bit of rain falling to my south in St Marys County MD, but nothing here. Clearing up by mid day, the temps rose into the low 50s. Tonight we are clear and chilly, temps dropping through the 30s. Some cloudy periods, esp at night with some light fog at times, over the next few days, but generally we will be sunny to partly cloudy with highs in the low-mid 50s and lows in the upper 20s to low 30s through Thanksgiving and beyond. Dry weather looks to dominate the scene for the foreseeable future.

High temp 52.2°(1428)(M- RS)

Low temp 33.7°(2358)(M- RS) (still no signal on the RS sensor- may need to check the battery and replace it)

Obs temp tonight 33.7°(VP2) M (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 12 MPH from the NW (1246)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 92%(0050) to a low of 43%(1423)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 35° to 29°.

Pressures ranged from 30.48"(2353) to 30.33"(0334)

At midnight obs, temp was 33.7°(VP2)/M(RS), Clear, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.48" and rising, humidity 84% with the dew point at 29°

Currently at 0340 EST, the temp is 31.3°(VP2)/M°(RS), Cloudy, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.51" and rising, humidity 89% with dew point at 29°.

Currently radar is clear throughout the eastern US north of Florida.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday was a sunny and slightly milder day than Friday, after a chilly start. Tonight we are back into the 30s with high clouds that will continue on Sunday with highs in the low 50s and lows in the 30s. A quiet week upcoming, mostly cloudy at the start, then sunny as we hit Thanksgiving and then Black Friday. Temps will slowly moderate into the upper 50s for highs, mostly 30s for lows. Still no rain threat in sight all week.

High temp 55.0°(1424)(M- RS)

Low temp 29.8°(0654)(M- RS) (still no signal on the RS sensor- may need to check the battery and replace it)

Obs temp tonight 35.6°(VP2) M (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 14 MPH from the N (1328)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 93%(0837) to a low of 34%(1403)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 34° to 26°.

Pressures ranged from 30.63"(2131) to 30.48"(0001)

At midnight obs, temp was 35.6°(VP2)/M(RS), Clear, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.62" and steady, humidity 81% with the dew point at 30°

Currently at 0452 EST, the temp is 35.6°(VP2)/M°(RS), Cloudy, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.62" and steady, humidity 89% with dew point at 33°.

Currently radar is clear throughout the eastern US north of Florida.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sunday was a bit cooler and a lot cloudier than Saturday, with highs in the low 50s and low in the mid 30s. A storm off the SE coast has enough of a high cloud shield to keep us cloudy today and for the next few days through Wednesday. It doesn't look like any rain will be coming into our area, though we need it as November so far has been quite dry after our record breaking wet October. Temps should stay in the low-mid 50s for highs up through Thankgiving Eve with lows mostly in the 30s. Then on Thanksgiving through the weekend mostly sunny skies should dominate, with highs in the upper 50s and lows in the upper 30s through Friday then cooling off into the low 50s then upper 40s over the weekend. Lows should mostly remain in the 30s till late in the weekend, when we might dip into the upper 20s. Still no real rain threat in sight.

High temp 51.9°(1343)(M- RS)

Low temp 34.4°(0645)(M- RS) (still no signal on the RS sensor- may need to check the battery and replace it)

Obs temp tonight 43.3°(VP2) M (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 14 MPH from the NE (1200)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 92%(0331) to a low of 63%(1338)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 40° to 30°.

Pressures ranged from 30.64"(0821) to 30.53"(2359)

At midnight obs, temp was 43.3°(VP2)/M(RS), Cloudy, Winds 1 MPH from the NE. Pressure at 30.53" and falling, humidity 80% with the dew point at 38°

Currently at 0209 EST, the temp is 42.4°(VP2)/M°(RS), Cloudy, Winds 1 MPH from the NE, Pressure at 30.50" and falling, humidity 84% with dew point at 38°.

Currently radar is showing rain activity along the NC coast and offshore of NC and SE VA associated with that coastal LOW off the SE US Coast.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday was seasonably cool and partly cloudy, with lows in the mid 30s this morning and low 50s in the afternoon. Temps have dropped into the mid 30s already, so should hit the low 30s by sunrise. Mostly cloudy skies through Tuesday night, highs in the mid 50s lows in the 30s. Then sunny from Wednesday through the weekend, with temps warming into the upper 50s for highs on Turkey Day and Black Friday, with lows in the mid-upper 30s. Cooling off over the weekend, with highs in the mid-upper 40s and lows in the low 30s. Still no rain or snow in sight.

High temp 53.0°(1421)(M- RS)

(RS stands for my Radio Shack wireless thermometer being used as a backup -

just started to work again- data from it to resume tomorrow)

Low temp 37.5°(2355)(M- RS)

Obs temp tonight 37.5°(VP2) M (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 11 MPH from the NW (1149)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 89%(2038) to a low of 63%(1421)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 41° to 34°.

Pressures ranged from 30.53"(0000) to 30.25"(2344)

At midnight obs, temp was 37.5°(VP2)/M(RS), Cloudy, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.25" and falling, humidity 88% with the dew point at 34°

Currently at 0213 EST, the temp is 36.0°(VP2)/36.3°(RS), Cloudy, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.23" and falling, humidity 90% with dew point at 33°.

Currently radar is showing very light, very scattered showers over parts of the lower midwestern states of southern MI, IN, IL, OH and KY at this time.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday was seasonably cool and mostly cloudy, with lows in the mid 30s this morning and low 50s in the afternoon. Temps have dropped into the mid 30s already, so should hit the low 30s by sunrise. Sunny skies are in the cards for our area on both Wednesday and Thanksgiving day, with highs well up in the 50s and lows in the upper 30s but with some areas of fog. Sunny over the weekend and cooler, with highs in the 40s and lows in the upper 20s and lower 30s. Some indications for scattered showers during the first part of next week along about Tuesday, but nothing really major at this point. Also some hints at a major cold wave towards the end of the month, which would be towards the end of next week. We shall see about that in the coming days.

Tuesday's precipitation: 0

High temp 52.5°(1421)(53.4 RS)

(RS stands for my Radio Shack wireless thermometer being used as a backup - data resumption today after a temporary hiatus)

Low temp 35.9°(2355)(36.3 RS)

Obs temp tonight 38.7°(VP2) 39.0 (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 6 MPH from the NE (1013)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 92%(2324) to a low of 72%(1341)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 45° to 33°.

Pressures ranged from 30.25"(0000) to 30.12"(1612)

At midnight obs, temp was 38.7°(VP2)/39.0(RS), PCloudy, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.16" and steady, humidity 92% with the dew point at 37°

Currently at 0220 EST, the temp is 35.9°(VP2)/36.5°(RS), PCloudy, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.16" and steady, humidity 93% with dew point at 34°.

Currently radar is showing very light, very scattered showers and frozen precipitation (probably snow showers/flurries) over parts of northern NY State and northern New England.

Kevin the Walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on this Wednesday morning.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wednesday was a bit warmer under mostly sunny skies, after a frosty morning in the low 30s with some light fog. Another frosty night tonight, temps may lower into the upper 20s by sunrise, then rise on Thanksgiving Day into the upper 50s under sunny skies. On Friday temps should rise to about 60 after a night in the 30s. Friday night perhaps some clouds as a strong cold front passes through dry. Over the weekend sun should return but with colder temps, mid 40s on Saturday, lower 40s on Sunday with lows in the low-mid 20s. This should be the coldest conditions of the season (so far) if all goes according to the forecast.

High temp 56.0°(1433)(56.8 RS)

Low temp 31.4°(0705)(32.2 RS)

Obs temp tonight 33.7°(VP2) 34.2 (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 10 MPH from the N (1352)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 97%(0910) to a low of 44%(1611)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 41° to 30°.

Pressures ranged from 30.25"(2130) to 30.15"(0105)

At midnight obs, temp was 33.7°(VP2)/34.2(RS), Clear, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.25" and steady, humidity 86% with the dew point at 30°

Currently at 0356 EST, the temp is 30.5°(VP2)/31.1°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.26" and steady, humidity 90% with dew point at 28°.

Currently radar is clear throughout the Eastern U.S. north of Florida.

Kevin the Walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on this Thanksgiving Thursday morning.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Thanksgiving Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Thursday was a bit warmer under mostly sunny skies, after another frosty morning in the upper 20s. Another frosty night tonight, temps may once again lower into the upper 20s by sunrise, then rise on Friday into the lower 60s under sunny skies early, but with increasing clouds in the afternoon/evening as a cold front approaches our area from the NW. The weekend should be partly cloudy to sunny with highs in the low-mid 40s and lows in the 20s. Moderating on Monday into the 50s, then chances of showers on Tuesday and Wednesday that may be mixed in with a few snow flakes. We shall see. Then cooling off on Thursday after that system clears our area.

High temp 58.6°(1432)(59.2 RS)

Low temp 28.9°(0647)(29.1 RS)

Obs temp tonight 34.3°(VP2) 34.7 (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 7 MPH from the SE (1205)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 95%(0359) to a low of 35%(1425)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 36° to 27°.

Pressures ranged from 30.30"(1001) to 30.17"(2357)

At midnight obs, temp was 34.3°(VP2)/34.7(RS), Clear, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.17" and falling, humidity 85% with the dew point at 30°

Currently at 0422 EST, the temp is 30.5°(VP2)/30.9°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.12" and falling, humidity 90% with dew point at 28°.

Currently radar is showing a relatively thin line of showers running NE/SW from eastern MI through parts of OH, IN, KY, into Arkansas. Also an area of snow is moving out of MN through Lake Superior into the upper peninsula of MI and far northern WI.

Kevin the Walrus of Gaithersburg signing off early on this Black Friday morning. Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard report for Black Friday, November 23, 2012

"Black" Friday was a tad warmer under mostly sunny skies, after yet another frosty morning with a low around 30. Changes came in Friday evening with a Cold FROPA that came through dry in my immediate area, but with dropping temps and increasing winds. The weekend should be colder and sunny with highs in the low-mid 40s and lows in the 20s. Milder conditions on Monday with a high around 50 under sunny skies most of the day, but clouding up late with a chance at showers on Tuesday from the next system coming in, a 30 POP for showers, highs in the low 50s and lows in the 30s, then clearing skies on Wednesday, carrying through the rest of next week, with highs in the mid 40s and lows in the 20s.

High temp 59.7°(1337)(60.4 RS)

Low temp 29.7°(0628)(30.0 RS)

Obs temp tonight 46.6°(VP2) 47.3 (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 16 MPH from the N (2031)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 94% (0848) to a low of 39%(1242)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 42° to 27°.

Pressures ranged from 30.17"(0000) to 29.80"(1711)

At midnight obs, temp was 46.6°(VP2)/47.3(RS), Cloudy, Winds 3 MPH from the WNW. Pressure at 29.87" and rising, humidity 51% with the dew point at 29°

Currently at 0408 EST, the temp is 36.8°(VP2)/37.0°(RS), PCldy, Winds 2 MPH from the W (PWG since midnight 22 MPH from the NW @ 0147), Pressure at 29.92" and rising, humidity 53% with dew point at 21°.

Currently radar is showing snow showers over a good part of central and western PA, heading south towards Maryland. Probably will dry up before reaching our area, but we might see a scattered flurry in some parts of the region, particularly near the PA border.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday was colder under partly cloudy skies, blustery at times with real wind chills during the day. Flurries fell in the region in scattered locations but I didn't observe any at my location. Temps maxed out right at midnight at the beginning of the obs day in the mid 40s, but during the day the temp barely got over 40° (40.2° at 1305 was the afternon max temp) The wind has kept up this evening, and has kept the temp from dropping into the 20s, which it could easily do with the dew point holding around 20° all day. We probably will hit about 30° by sunrise, unless the winds really die down quickly and the skies clear out totally which in that case temps may reach the mid 20s in the next few hours. Winds should lessen on Sunday, along with more sun, we should get up in the mid 40s, all leading to a more mild day than Saturday was. Partly cloudy skies Sunday night with temps in the mid-upper 20s, then sunny and milder temps on Monday with highs in the low 50s under light winds. Clouding up Monday night into Tuesday, with a 50 POP for rain showers Tue afternoon, then rain or snow showers Tuesday night with lows in the 30s. Partly to mostly sunny skies the rest of the week from Wednesday through Friday, with highs in the mid 40s and lows in the 20s to low 30s. Precipitation on Tuesday will probably be the last chance at any real precipitation the rest of the month of November, which has been quite dry after a wet October.

High temp 46.6°(0000)(47.3° RS)

Low temp 35.0°(2016)(35.2° RS)

Obs temp tonight 35.1°(VP2) 35.2° (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 22 MPH from the NW (0147)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 57% (0727) to a low of 46%(1505)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 30° to 19°.

Pressures ranged from 30.07"(2316) to 29.87"(0008)

At midnight obs, temp was 35.1°(VP2)/35.2°(RS), PCloudy, Winds 8 MPH from the NW. Pressure at 30.06" and steady, humidity 54% with the dew point at 20°

Currently at 0420 EST, the temp is 32.6°(VP2)/32.9°(RS), PCldy, Winds 1 MPH from the NW, Pressure at 30.06" and steady, humidity 60% with dew point at 20°.

Currently radar is showing snow showers over Lake Effect regions of NY and NW PA, and over sections of northern New England. Also light snow (not sure how much is reaching the ground) is falling over a good part of MI, eastern WI and northern IN and OH.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday was colder under partly cloudy skies, windy a bit early but dying off slowly during the day. My max temp today of 41.6° was my coldest of the season so far. We should get down into the low 20s by sunrise. Sunny and milder temps on Monday with highs around 50 under light winds. Clouding up Monday night into Tuesday, with a 60 POP for mixed rain and snow on Monday late evening, then an 80 POP on Tuesday, mostly in the morning, for a continuation of mixed rain and snow. Less than an inch of slushy wet snow is expected for my immediate area. Lows in the low to mid 30s on Monday night, highs on Tuesday in the low 40s. Clearing off late on Tuesday, with more cold air coming in along with increasing winds/lowering wind chills. Lows Tuesday night in the upper 20s to low 30s, then highs on Wednesday and Thursday in the low 40s with lows in the 20s, upper 40s on Friday, under continued sunny to partly cloudy skies. Precipitation on Tuesday will probably be the last chance at any real precipitation the rest of the month of November, which has been quite dry after a wet October.

High temp 41.6°(1440)(41.5° RS)

Low temp 27.5°(2349)(27.3° RS)

Obs temp tonight 27.5°(VP2) 27.3° (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 14 MPH from the W (0831)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 81% (2337) to a low of 45% (1446)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 24° to 19°.

Pressures ranged from 30.10"(0932) to 29.97"(1638)

At midnight obs, temp was 27.5°(VP2)/27.3°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.03" and rising, humidity 81% with the dew point at 22°.

Currently at 0232 EST, the temp is 26.5°(VP2)/26.2°(RS), Clear, Winds Calm, Pressure at 30.06" and rising, humidity 84% with dew point at 22°.

Currently radar is showing light snow showers over parts of upstate New York, and in central OH, where it seems to be mixed with rain. Other scattered areas of flurries over parts of New England and the upper Midwest.

Gaithersburg Maryland VP2 backyard weather station report for Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday featured another seasonably cold morning, but not as cold as I thought, as temps stopped dropping right after I went to bed shortly before 3 am, so only mid 20s was reached as the low for the day. Considerably warmer in the afternoon, as temps rose into the mid 50s under the bright sun. With the impending storm coming early tomorrow, I thought I would see some increasing clouds by early evening, but when I got out of the car around 7 PM the moon was full and bright and the sky totally clear as far as I could see. Temps dropped into the mid 30s till about 11 PM, then started to rise up to the present time. We figure to have light precipitation in here sometime in the early morning (70 POP) with a rain and snow mix possibly, then a 90 POP for rain, or rain and snow mix most of the rest of the day. Odds of measurable snow are against us, as the ground and air temps will be considerably above freezing (High temps around 40 on Tuesday). But the commute tomorrow will still probably not be much fun, which was what it was this morning despite great driving conditions. Colder, clearing skies Tuesday night with lows in the 20s, then highs on Wednesday in the low-mid 40s with lows in the mid-upper 20s, then warming up by week's end, with high temps possibly approaching 60° by Sunday and lows in the 40s as we enter into December.

High temp 53.8°(1443)(M RS - not functioning again - battery replacement time for sure!)

Low temp 26.3°(0254)(M RS)

Obs temp tonight 38.2°(VP2) M (RS)

Peak Wind Gust 11 MPH from the N (1157)

Relative Humidity ranged from a max of 92% (0317) to a low of 41% (1445)

Dew point temperatures ranged from 32° to 22°.

Pressures ranged from 30.24"(2316) to 30.02"(0043)

At midnight obs, temp was 38.2°(VP2)/M (RS), Cloudy, Winds Calm. Pressure at 30.24" and steady, humidity 77% with the dew point at 32°

Currently at 0117 EST, the temp is 39.3°(VP2)/M (RS), Cloudy, Winds 1 MPH from the SW, Pressure at 30.22" and falling, humidity 76% with dew point at 32°.

Currently radar is showing light showers headed this way from parts of West Virginia and western VA, showing as all rain right now. Frozen precipitation is showing over much of PA at this time, with some snow well north and some rain on the southern edges. Some precip was over my location earlier, but it was so light that it didn't reach the ground.

Archived