joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/29-3/2 Storm Threat

Grothar

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you for the big city I95 zone. As for the Poconos....... :snowwindow::sled::snowing::ski::mapsnow::snowman:

Last week we had two bonus events. The first was on Thursday, where the snow held on for the entire day. Then on Sat, sn showers blasted the area for a quick 2-3" coating.

Now I am not predicting a blizzard. As a former baseball player.....its fair to say their are ducks on the pond, though it might not be a frozen pond, for the 1500'+ crowd in PA. Exactly why I bought my cabin ;)

The dreaded snow thrower curse hold service for coastal monmouth. For the last three years I kept it running using Macgyver like solutions and it dueled the best its ever seen, not once giving up. During the fall I had a pro tune her up rock solid. She is ready for battle, greater than ever experienced.

I have to remember to give her a start. 4 months standing at attention is a long time for anything, or anyone....with out a stretch. I might see 60 today.....perfect conditions for a stretch. :sizzle:

ok then....nice bonus snow last night....still have a shot for another bonus blast tomorrow.....

I'll take "small ball" snow events this year.....why not? pitchers and catchers reported this week....position players to follow.....base hits all day

What does this even mean? I haven't seen anyone from our region in the NE forum posting. Why bring up Philly?

I'm not sure why you brought that in here... that being said, I don't think anyone can say Philly had a rough 10 years considering that their average increased with the latest normals.

I'm not sure why you brought that in here... that being said, I don't think anyone can say Philly had a rough 10 years considering that their average increased with the latest normals.

Because it involved this "storm" threat. A threat none of us in this forum have ever taken seriously unless you like rain and 48 degrees. I also think Scott was being sarcastic since the winters haven't been that bad around here lately, well until this year.

Can I answer this later today? (I'm back at work this afternoon) In itself its sort of an answer if you think about it.

Thank-you for the information you send to us. We don't get too many reports from Northampton County.

Absolutely, and you are welcome. I am surprised that more people up this way aren't more active with either Cocorahs or being Skywarn spotters. Perhaps we need to hold a recruiting seminar!

Absolutely, and you are welcome. I am surprised that more people up this way aren't more active with either Cocorahs or being Skywarn spotters. Perhaps we need to hold a recruiting seminar!

I'd be willing to participate if led in the right direction. I am curious how the commute will be to NW NJ early Wednesday AM. Looks messy!

I'd be willing to participate if led in the right direction. I am curious how the commute will be to NW NJ early Wednesday AM. Looks messy!

Chris,

This is the link: http://www.cocorahs.org/

Yeah, looks messy. Saving commuting grace maybe if (big if) it comes in slower and doesn't start until later that morning.

By the way if any of you look at web site ptype soundings, the Bourgoiun method is showing erroneous results at some of our northern sites. The op nam and gfs both have a slug of warm air forecast at or above 850mb, its going to be tough to be snow (vs sleet or something else) anywhere in our cwa from early wed afternoon onward. (Not looking at the back end, we don't have nam soundings yet).

With cocorahs, you need to purchase a 4" rain gauge, and then report your amounts daily on their site. Pretty easy! Skywarn requires going to the training (about 2 hours each for the basic and advanced class), and then just reporting significant events. Both are on a volunteer basis, and your level of involvement is based on what you are willing to contribute.

As for Wednesday AM, we haven't had many commuting concerns this winter. We'll see how people handle it!

Can't see the Euro, so does it bring any snow to our area?

Looks like it, probably some ice too. Unlike near the coast, at ABE surface temps stay at freezing from Wednesday afternoon through Thursday morning. Haven't seen the soundings yet to check if there's a sneaky warm layer somewhere.

Edit: Forgot Matt was in Collegeville.

I'd put the Lehigh Valley at 50/50 mixture as long as you are asking your question as "frozen" vs pure snow. Some AWIPs Euro problems this afternoon, so can't see their soundings. The other two get a sleet look to them eventually plus boundary layer issues once precipitation lessens. Yeah Euro is the coldest of the models, but it did pretty good with the confluence event south of us last weekend. At anyrate all of the models are showing a good frontogenetic burst along the leading edge, right now a consensus average is north of the Lehigh Valley, but its three days away so some n/s wiggle room has to be factored into it.

Looks like it, probably some ice too. Unlike near the coast, at ABE surface temps stay at freezing from Wednesday afternoon through Thursday morning. Haven't seen the soundings yet to check if there's a sneaky warm layer somewhere.

Edit: Forgot Matt was in Collegeville.

Since no one is talking about it in the Central PA thread, what does it look like for my area, 30 miles NW and about 500 ft higher? More freezing/frozen, or similar to the LV?

Archived