• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/29-3/2 Storm Threat

Grothar

The Euro shows potential---can it keep it up for eight more days? I know I can't. I welcome your comments before this winter bar closes. And yes, this bar serves snake bites which now includes a jigger of GFS mixed with a little NAM and for those real special drinks we will add some JMA to create the JB Wallbanger. And please do not forget we do serve beers MIller A or Miller B for your particular refreshment. Lastly, we do not expect to get a Bermuda High while in this topic and we do not use flamethrowers to light our drinks. Thank you

http://www.ehow.com/...ixed-drink.html

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Euro shows potential---can it keep it up for eight more days? I know I can't. I welcome your comments before this winter bar closes. And yes, this bar serves snake bites which now includes a jigger of GFS mixed with a little NAM and for those real special drinks we will add some JMA to create the JB Wallbanger. And please do not forget we do serve beers MIller A or Miller B for your particular refreshment. Lastly, we do not expect to get a Bermuda High while in this topic and we do not use flamethrowers to light our drinks. Thank you

http://www.ehow.com/...ixed-drink.html

the pattern is lousy for snow, unfortunately, and on top of that, we are heading into march. last call has come and gone, i'm afraid..

I think we get one more shot at snow before winter is out (probably mid/late March...a bootleg minor event if anything) but as of now I'm not buying on the 2/29-3/2 range. We either get a driving rain storm or suppression...I don't think we thread this needle.

Why on earth are there threads popping up all over the forum about this time frame? There is nothing that screams "storm" to me anywhere in the medium range teleconnections or computer guidance.

there's probably a few random weenies at weather enthusiasts weenies united that are hyping this up as the "next" threat.

Why on earth are there threads popping up all over the forum about this time frame? There is nothing that screams "storm" to me anywhere in the medium range teleconnections or computer guidance.

At this point the desperation has caused them to look for whispers instead of screams. :lol:

At this point the desperation has caused them to look for whispers instead of screams. :lol:

I agree with you for the big city I95 zone. As for the Poconos....... :snowwindow::sled::snowing::ski::mapsnow::snowman:

Last week we had two bonus events. The first was on Thursday, where the snow held on for the entire day. Then on Sat, sn showers blasted the area for a quick 2-3" coating.

Now I am not predicting a blizzard. As a former baseball player.....its fair to say their are ducks on the pond, though it might not be a frozen pond, for the 1500'+ crowd in PA. Exactly why I bought my cabin ;)

The dreaded snow thrower curse hold service for coastal monmouth. For the last three years I kept it running using Macgyver like solutions and it dueled the best its ever seen, not once giving up. During the fall I had a pro tune her up rock solid. She is ready for battle, greater than ever experienced.

I have to remember to give her a start. 4 months standing at attention is a long time for anything, or anyone....with out a stretch. I might see 60 today.....perfect conditions for a stretch. :sizzle:

Because of blogs like this from professional meteorologists and a somewhat dependable weather model. There is no weenie here. Just because there is no teleconnection does not mean it MIGHT happen. I tell you this, last week, many posters were following every single model run like it was a life or death situation. First the GFS 10 days out, then Euro, then back to the GFS and even the JMA and NAM and it ended up the Euro was right 5-10 days out. Now I start a topic on the potential of a storm event from the most reliable weather model we have this winter and from a blog of a pro met http://www.occupyit.us/bobby.php and suddenly I am labeled a weenie and compared to Ji? Come on guys, you must do better than this. Can I say blackballing, ignorance or just p'ode that we did get a biggie snowstorm last week?

Because of blogs like this from professional meteorologists and a somewhat dependable weather model. There is no weenie here. Just because there is no teleconnection does not mean it MIGHT happen. I tell you this, last week, many posters were following every single model run like it was a life or death situation. First the GFS 10 days out, then Euro, then back to the GFS and even the JMA and NAM and it ended up the Euro was right 5-10 days out. Now I start a topic on the potential of a storm event from the most reliable weather model we have this winter and from a blog of a pro met http://www.occupyit.us/bobby.php and suddenly I am labeled a weenie and compared to Ji? Come on guys, you must do better than this. Can I say blackballing, ignorance or just p'ode that we did get a biggie snowstorm last week?

FYI - I did not compare you to Ji. I was loling at Ji for putting 2/30 in the title of the thread he created yesterday in the MA forum.

For the record, I don't think he ever graduated from Penn State... otherwise I'm sure it would be mentioned here:

http://www.occupyit.us/images/BobbyBio.pdf

Archived