joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/29-3/2 Storm Threat

Grothar

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, it sounds like the Hamburg area should be on the south tip of the frozen in regard to Berks county? Should we expect frozen down into Reading or further before a changeover? I notice the lows tonight are set for only around 31....not too impressive.

front end burst of sleet/snow to cold rain. I think you might get a coating or a half inch unless you're on the mountain.

Still a shot at some snow/sleet at the front end at TTN, I think. Accumulation should be minimal however (i.e. less than an inch and quite possibly just a trace). This thing comes in so fast its a bit tough to tell just how fast things warm up, but there's enough dry air in place at 12Z tomorrow such that it could wetbulb down enough to allow some snow/sleet to reach the ground.

Bar is closed. Last call for Sun/Mon possible storm otherwise Dave and Busters will entertain those who have ruled this winter over and are waiting for the first Philllies game. Special drink-- for last call -

Damn-The-Weather Cocktail

Scale ingredients to servings

1 tbsp sweet vermouth

1 oz gin

1 tbsp orange juice

1 tsp triple sec

Ok here is the verification based on whoever that was that was calling for a hecs. Below is the 12z euro run from that day and the final verification. First of all the general idea and placement of the low for a 192hr prog was pretty gosh darn good. While the final destination was farther north, it wasn't by much. But where it erred was once again overphasing or too rapidly intensifying a solution which was common this winter beyond 3 or 4 days.

While the placement of the low wasn't too bad, other features that affected the ptype were not. This was with many of the models. The euro clown maps snowfall trended snowier for our area peaking with the 12z run on Sunday, then became progressively warmer. The model was too strong with its Quebec high. Finally (this occurs with meteorologists too), there remains way too much acceptance of model qpf with events. While the models are good at capturing the ideas, they are still off as to where and it gets worse anytime convection gets involved. The 12z runs on Wednesday brought what would have been about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of additional ice to Mike2010 that night. In reality, the convection cut off the northward advance of the precipitation and an even within 24hr model qpf was not that good.

post-623-0-62999000-1330694201.gif

post-623-0-11087700-1330694215.gif

You can see the low on this one.

post-623-0-94905900-1330694229.gif

Archived