• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
My thoughts on the winter turnaround

BethesdaWX

You are being trolled over it now, so what is the difference?

Also, I thought you have been using this formula since September? How are you going to verify it?

Yes the solar method has done well so far, but periods of change are chaotic and can be confusing, so interpreting them is hard.

To be honest, part of the reason is my own superstitious nature, I want to conceal it for now. But I will explain it in time.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes the solar method has done well so far, but periods of change are chaotic and can be confusing, so interpreting them is hard.

To be honest, part of the reason is my own superstitious nature, I want to conceal it for now. But I will explain it in time.

How are you going to verify it?

Yes, for proof in verification! This is a hypothesis to which I will rely on physical outcomes to determine it's legitimacy.

If that's the case, I submit for review my hypothesis of positive correlation between paper sales and Indian Monsoon activity.

If you think I'm making s**t up, fine, I'm not out to change opinions, but I have my own opinions/hypothesis that I wish to defend.

that's cool. im fairly confident you have not unlocked a secret that real scientists have not but i wish you the best.

this is utter bull****. you disrupted a thread in order to trumpet your fabulous predictions AND said you would explain all of it when you were given your own thread. now we're getting increasingly ridiculous explanations as to why you are backtracking.

superstition has ZERO place in science.

I explained everything I would reveal in detail earlier and don't feel like regurgitating the same old s**t to closed ears/minds like yours. I have not backtracked, either. My thoughts really haven't changed

wait and watch :)

:lol:

Awesome. Well, I am glad that you were given your own thread to post your ridiculous snowfall guess. Good luck to you and maybe if you are lucky and we do see 20-40" of snow in the next 50 days, you can post your formula for all to see and rub it in our faces.

I know you are quoting Don, and I could see the sun not being the driver of ENSO (immediate), but it seems counterintuitive that the sun wouldn't be the number one primary driver of weather on the planet. I know that that isn't what you were saying, but it just caught my eye.

I found a very low correlation only for the specific issue of whether changes in solar activity (flux and geomagnetic) can reliably predict ENSO. Whether lagged or not, the correlations were very low.

Sorry I realized my mistake and took it down...

Here's the correct one:

Thanks (in reference to my deleted post asking for the full graph)

Yes, but now remember it isn't an In-Step correlation, but rather a yearly variation thing. The AP index # value only really matterns during the lagged solar max since forcing amplitude is greater.

During the magnetic minimums, slight perturbations equate to significant variance since there is less background "noise" variation in the forcings.

Yes, but now remember it isn't an In-Step correlation, but rather a yearly variation thing. The AP index # value only really matterns during the lagged solar max since forcing amplitude is greater.

During the magnetic minimums, slight perturbations equate to significant variance since there is less background "noise" variation in the forcings.

Define the time periods that you think matter based on a minimum forcing amplitude (arbitrary, or is there a source for that?), and I'll cut out the AP index from the chart during the low-amplitude periods.

Thank you for the full graph.

Define the time periods that you think matter based on a minimum forcing amplitude (arbitrary, or is there a source for that?), and I'll cut out the AP index from the chart during the low-amplitude periods.

Thank you for the full graph.

Thanks.

I feel that since the mechanism is carried out in magnetic means, that the correlation should not work well during periods with weak and/or flipping IMF's. I lag the IMF by 3 years, since I feel the signal propogation manifests synoptically first, and takes that amount of time to transfer from the AO/AAO ---> Cloud Changes ---> Heat distribution ---> Wind budget ---> ENSO.

Here is IMF data, correlation is bad 2 years on either side of the IMF flips.

EXAMPLE: See IMF flip in 2000, year 1998- 2002 = poor ENSO correlation for the 2001-2005 period [3 year lag]

Solar-Polar-Fields-1966-now.png

Also note that:

1) Every IMF flip correlates to a torchy winter, especially when the Sun is stronger

2) The lagged AP index dropoff [see Ellinwood's graph] coincides with January/February 2012, and we are now seeing a significant global temp drop. It is more of an overall gradual cooling that has/will occur from 2010 onward, but the point stands.

I explained what I do, I run the initial results 5 times withinin 3 "subgroups", to determine statistical probability, I am keeping the specific numbers and derived values to myslef, 2 reasons, but this is only temporary. Just be patient.

why not give them to Ian or mattie g for safe keeping that way we know you didn't edit them? You honestly expect us to believe you given your past?

Archived