• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 26-27th System

DaculaWeather

If you're still seeing fog, it probably won't last very long. All the fog has burned off here, temps are up into the low 60s and I'm seeing small breaks in the clouds here.

EDIT: Now the sun is starting to peak out.

Yep temps are steadily rising here too with a break or two in the clouds time to time. It's already in the low 60's.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fog has not burned off like I thought it would.... I wonder if it might be our saving grace or if nothing else keep the sun from destablizing the atmosphere more ahead of the system?

I'm down near Snellville and it's gone from here. It was much worse up where we live this morning than it was down here.

Damn, just looked at my webcam, it IS still foggy at my house! Nothing like that 15 miles south.

Down toward duluth just 15 miles south and temp has risen to 61 degrees already. No fog here.

* made it down to Buckhead area.....sun is now coming out.....temp up to 67 degrees. Breaks in the clouds could really get it going.

66.0 here with occasional sun also. The FFC radar is down, what a terrible time for that to happen.

YOu still working with one sensor? I've got 3 around the yard, but only one is working where I am now. The Experiment Station is reading 65 also. I'll go down to my house and check the other sensors via the reciever down there...but by feel, I'd say it is right at 70. T

YOu still working with one sensor? I've got 3 around the yard, but only one is working where I am now. The Experiment Station is reading 65 also. I'll go down to my house and check the other sensors via the reciever down there...but by feel, I'd say it is right at 70. T

lol yep, one sensor at work. One sensor at home. I wouldn't have another location to put a second sensor at home. I had to build a "case" out of wood just to shield the one I have at home from sun and rain lol.

Damn, just looked at my webcam, it IS still foggy at my house! Nothing like that 15 miles south.

Steve, I was flipping between your webcam and the weatherunderground temp maps.

It's 75° in Albany and Perry to our south.

Sun is out here at the office in Kennesaw and temp is climbing fast.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BIRMINGHAM AL

1239 PM CST THU JAN 26 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BIRMINGHAM HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

NORTHERN AUTAUGA COUNTY IN ALABAMA...

SOUTHEASTERN CHILTON COUNTY IN ALABAMA...

* UNTIL 115 PM CST

* AT 1237 PM CST...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDICATED A SEVERE

THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO. THIS DANGEROUS STORM

WAS LOCATED NEAR MULBERRY...OR 12 MILES EAST OF VALLEY GRANDE...AND

MOVING NORTHEAST AT 40 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

CLANTON...VIDA JUNCTION...BILLINGSLEY...MARBURY...VERBENA...HIGGINS

FERRY PARK...DAWSON MILL...NEW PROSPECT...ENTERPRISE AND COOPER.

post-2167-0-26727300-1327603331.png

1258 PM CST THU JAN 26 2012

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR NORTHEASTERN AUTAUGA AND

SOUTHEASTERN CHILTON COUNTIES UNTIL 115 PM CST...

AT 1252 PM CST...THE PUBLIC REPORTED A TORNADO ON THE GROUND NEAR

COUNTY 82 AND COUNTY ROAD 37...JUST SOUTHWEST OF BILLINGSLEY...

MOVING NORTHEAST AT 35 MPH.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

CLANTON...MARBURY...VERBENA...HIGGINS FERRY PARK...NEW PROSPECT...

ENTERPRISE...COOPER AND MITCHELL DAM.

THIS INCLUDES...

INTERSTATE 65 EXIT NUMBERS 193 THROUGH 208...

CAE... :angry:

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...

-- Changed Discussion --

MODELS ARE IN GOOD AGREEMENT. UPPER LEVEL LOW A LOW OVER ARKANSAS/LOUISIANA NOW PHASING WITH NORTHERN STREAM SHORT WAVE OVER THE MIDWEST AND LIFTING NORTHEAST. SURFACE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL BE MOVING RAPIDLY NORTHEAST TOWARD THE APPALACHIANS TONIGHT...WITH TRAILING COLD FRONT APPROACHING CENTRAL SOUTH CAROLINA AND EAST CENTRAL GEORGIA AROUND MIDNIGHT. STRONG UPWARD VERTICAL MOTION EXPECTED AHEAD OF FRONT DUE TO UPPER LEVEL DYNAMICS. NOTE AREA UNDER RIGHT REAR QUADRANT OF 250MB JET SUPPORTS STRONG LIFT AND INCREASING 850MB 50KT SOUTHWEST SUGGEST A RAPID INCREASE IN LOW- LEVEL MOISTURE...ALTHOUGH THE DEGREE OF MOISTURE IS UNCERTAIN. SOME MODEL GUIDANCE SUGGEST MOISTURE MAY BE A LIMITING FACTOR...ESPECIALLY IF CONVECTION IN THE GULF OF MEXICO CUTS OFF FLUX. THIS APPEARS TO BE A HIGH SHEAR AND LOW CAPE EVENT...AND SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAN NOT BE RULED OUT. SPC HAS AREA IN A SLIGHT RISK TONIGHT. WILL CONTINUE CATEGORICAL POPS MAINLY AFTER MIDNIGHT...QPF MAY NOT BE THAT HIGH DUE TO RAPID MOVEMENT THROUGH THE AREA...AND THIS IS SUGGESTED BY SREF. OVERNIGHT MINIMUM TEMPERATURE FORECAST ABOVE GUIDANCE DUE TO CLOUDS/WARM ADVECTION AHEAD OF FRONT.

-- End Changed Discussion --

1258 PM CST THU JAN 26 2012

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR NORTHEASTERN AUTAUGA AND

SOUTHEASTERN CHILTON COUNTIES UNTIL 115 PM CST...

AT 1252 PM CST...THE PUBLIC REPORTED A TORNADO ON THE GROUND NEAR

COUNTY 82 AND COUNTY ROAD 37...JUST SOUTHWEST OF BILLINGSLEY...

MOVING NORTHEAST AT 35 MPH.

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

CLANTON...MARBURY...VERBENA...HIGGINS FERRY PARK...NEW PROSPECT...

ENTERPRISE...COOPER AND MITCHELL DAM.

THIS INCLUDES...

INTERSTATE 65 EXIT NUMBERS 193 THROUGH 208...

At this point who would want to live in Alabama? These folks can't catch a break. Hope everyone heeds the warnings and stays safe this afternoon.

The band of rain is getting thinner as it marches East.

CAE... :angry:

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...

-- Changed Discussion --

MODELS ARE IN GOOD AGREEMENT. UPPER LEVEL LOW A LOW OVER ARKANSAS/LOUISIANA NOW PHASING WITH NORTHERN STREAM SHORT WAVE OVER THE MIDWEST AND LIFTING NORTHEAST. SURFACE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL BE MOVING RAPIDLY NORTHEAST TOWARD THE APPALACHIANS TONIGHT...WITH TRAILING COLD FRONT APPROACHING CENTRAL SOUTH CAROLINA AND EAST CENTRAL GEORGIA AROUND MIDNIGHT. STRONG UPWARD VERTICAL MOTION EXPECTED AHEAD OF FRONT DUE TO UPPER LEVEL DYNAMICS. NOTE AREA UNDER RIGHT REAR QUADRANT OF 250MB JET SUPPORTS STRONG LIFT AND INCREASING 850MB 50KT SOUTHWEST SUGGEST A RAPID INCREASE IN LOW- LEVEL MOISTURE...ALTHOUGH THE DEGREE OF MOISTURE IS UNCERTAIN. SOME MODEL GUIDANCE SUGGEST MOISTURE MAY BE A LIMITING FACTOR...ESPECIALLY IF CONVECTION IN THE GULF OF MEXICO CUTS OFF FLUX. THIS APPEARS TO BE A HIGH SHEAR AND LOW CAPE EVENT...AND SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAN NOT BE RULED OUT. SPC HAS AREA IN A SLIGHT RISK TONIGHT. WILL CONTINUE CATEGORICAL POPS MAINLY AFTER MIDNIGHT...QPF MAY NOT BE THAT HIGH DUE TO RAPID MOVEMENT THROUGH THE AREA...AND THIS IS SUGGESTED BY SREF. OVERNIGHT MINIMUM TEMPERATURE FORECAST ABOVE GUIDANCE DUE TO CLOUDS/WARM ADVECTION AHEAD OF FRONT.

-- End Changed Discussion --

Yup! Those thunderstorms in the Gulf are draining the energy from this line. The moisture just can't make it past those storms... It's possible that Columbus and central Georgia see a few light to moderate showers and that's it! I'll tell you though, I wouldn't want to be in the way of those storms in the Gulf on a boat. They look nasty!

It sure is warm! We made it to 73. :(

EDIT: I was afraid this would happen (lack of rain, not severe)... This is what I wrote to my chief yesterday:

Tomorrow night: Storms will weaken as they approach. The position of the low is KEY in this kind of set-up. The low will track right over us, or just north, allowing the worst of the weather to be across southern Alabama and Georgia. That’s not to see we won’t see a few strong storms, but the overall threat should be to our south. Another factor would be the line of storms in the Gulf shutting off the moisture feed for us. Rain totals will range from .5” to 1.5” depending on where the heaviest rain sets up shop.

Archived