• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Possible ice problems for Monday AM Rush

ChescoWx

I just ran my Wxsim model forecast and it sees temps remaining below freezing from tomorrow evening through around 8am Monday morning. During this time there appears around .05" of drizzle may fall. The fact (which JB pointed out earlier this week and came to fruition) that the models will miss the low level cold plus the snow cover likely to still be in place by Monday AM....could very well make tomorrow's light "event" a potential problem. I see the point and click for my backyard has 33 with a chance of a mix of snow and rain.

Any thoughts out there from the professionals on this potential?

Thanks!

Paul

I'm still waiting for JB's cold that is vile or the weather that is wild from the past two weeks to verify...

but all kidding aside, agree with the threat for icy weather on Sunday night. Was just discussing this with someone via email...could suck in Central PA into the outer PA burbs (N/W of Philly) if the NAM is right.

I just ran my Wxsim model forecast and it sees temps remaining below freezing from tomorrow evening through around 8am Monday morning. During this time there appears around .05" of drizzle may fall. The fact (which JB pointed out earlier this week and came to fruition) that the models will miss the low level cold plus the snow cover likely to still be in place by Monday AM....could very well make tomorrow's light "event" a potential problem. I see the point and click for my backyard has 33 with a chance of a mix of snow and rain.

Any thoughts out there from the professionals on this potential?

Thanks!

Paul

Paul,

Based on the 10m and 850mb fcst winds off today's GFS run (IMO), yeah especially where there is some elevation involved. A positive with today's event and tomorrow's continued clean-up, there should be some leftover if not new salt, brine on most roads.

Tony,

Looks like the team in Mount Holly are as usual a few steps ahead....just went back and looked at the point and click and now it shows some -ZR with a low of 30

Thanks!

Paul

Paul,

Based on the 10m and 850mb fcst winds off today's GFS run (IMO), yeah especially where there is some elevation involved. A positive with today's event and tomorrow's continued clean-up, there should be some leftover if not new salt, brine on most roads.

Updated Wxsim for NW Chesco has temps slowly rising overnight to 29.8 by 7am. It indicates light sleet will begin by 10pm this evening and continue through 8am tomorrow morning. A little ZR should mix in and change to all ZR by 9am when temps rise just above freezing. Total precip while very light (.06") could be a problem with the surfaces cold and with little if any snow melt today. No advisory yet for Chesco but a few miles up the road in Berks they are already under a watch

Updated Wxsim for NW Chesco has temps slowly rising overnight to 29.8 by 7am. It indicates light sleet will begin by 10pm this evening and continue through 8am tomorrow morning. A little ZR should mix in and change to all ZR by 9am when temps rise just above freezing. Total precip while very light (.06") could be a problem with the surfaces cold and with little if any snow melt today. No advisory yet for Chesco but a few miles up the road in Berks they are already under a watch

Does Wxsim see 50 for tomorrow like our forecast says? I see in the Mt. Holly AFD warm advection

seems reluctant to get much north of us due to the snow cover. Upper 30's low 40's in the LV.

That may help save some snow.

Nope...Wxsim has a high of only 38.6 tomorrow- the local point and click has temps rising to 36 by 4am....at that time Wxsim says only 28.5....

Does Wxsim see 50 for tomorrow like our forecast says? I see in the Mt. Holly AFD warm advection

seems reluctant to get much north of us due to the snow cover. Upper 30's low 40's in the LV.

That may help save some snow.

Archived