• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Top 10 Reasons To Embrace the Snowless Winter

TheTrials

Now dougie, how about the fact that we won the super bowl in the last craptastic winter, 2007-2008?

You do understand that Doug would probably sacrifice 10-15 years of no Giants championships to see 1 Knicks championship, right? I might be too low as well. Perhaps even 20 years of sacrificing.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do understand that Doug would probably sacrifice 10-15 years of no Giants championships to see 1 Knicks championship, right? I might be too low as well. Perhaps even 20 years of sacrificing.

Yawn, basketball is like sleet, fun from a far but far from fun.

All this talk of, "if you want warm weather etc move to <<insert place with warm climate>>" does not consider the fact that you'd actually have to live in such a place. If we are talking some place like Rio, well hell yea, I'd like to live there. But Florida? I'd rather play a game of chicken with the Acela.

The nightlife in Miami is exceptional and its always hot, so the women dress very nicely all year.

If I were gonna make a move like that, I'd just say f*ck it and move to Brazil, Colombia, or somewhere in Spain (like Barcelona). Women in Brazil blow everything else out of the water, and it isn't even close. Anywhere (except maybe Venezuela, but I'm biased).

If I were gonna make a move like that, I'd just say f*ck it and move to Brazil, Colombia, or somewhere in Spain (like Barcelona). Women in Brazil blow everything else out of the water, and it isn't even close. Anywhere (except maybe Venezuela, but I'm biased).

Alex loves the Brazilian women, he will agree 100% with this.

I probably would. I'm just a die-hard sports fan in general, but there is nothing like basketball for me.

And sorry I didn't answer your texts last night; I was in NYC seeing the Lion King on broadway! But yeah the Knicks are annoying me. Melo has great passing ability but they still don't move the ball...can't wait till Baron Davis gets back.

My favorite sports moment, ever, is by far the Giants winning the super bowl.

But right now, I'm desperately staring out the window like a dog hunting a squirrel, just because snow flurries might be coming. I literally would not survive in a climate that doesn't get snow.

I probably would. I'm just a die-hard sports fan in general, but there is nothing like basketball for me.

And sorry I didn't answer your texts last night; I was in NYC seeing the Lion King on broadway! But yeah the Knicks are annoying me. Melo has great passing ability but they still don't move the ball...can't wait till Baron Davis gets back.

My favorite sports moment, ever, is by far the Giants winning the super bowl.

But right now, I'm desperately staring out the window like a dog hunting a squirrel, just because snow flurries might be coming. I literally would not survive in a climate that doesn't get snow.

Dont worry about it.

Lion King is actually a great show. My wife wanted to see it this past December and I actually enjoyed it.

The nightlife in Miami is exceptional and its always hot, so the women dress very nicely all year.

But the downside of that warmer weather is women (and men) who should be dressed in more clothes are walking around showing off their hideous bodies. At least up here, we get a break from looking at your repulsiveness for 7 months of the year.

But the downside of that warmer weather is women (and men) who should be dressed in more clothes are walking around showing off their hideous bodies. At least up here, we get a break from looking at your repulsiveness for 7 months of the year.

:lol:

I am not earthlight. I dont walk around in a speedo during warm months.

In any other year i couldn't find a good reason for no snow, but i must say with a project and frequent travel this season it is nice not missing much. I do miss the endless threats of last year and 2009/2010 and tracking them with you fellas.....

In any other year i couldn't find a good reason for no snow, but i must say with a project and frequent travel this season it is nice not missing much. I do miss the endless threats of last year and 2009/2010 and tracking them with you fellas.....

Even in 01-02, there were 'threats'. This year, no threats whatsoever. The only winter I can remember with no threats was 1997-1998.

1. It just feels better, highs in the 20's suck when our coldest average high is 39/40. It's not supposed to happen, however highs in the 50's, 60's, & 70's are more than welcome.

2. Wearing Coats/Jackets suck. You're roasting on the inside but if you unzip it you turn into ice.

3. Numb hands & feet are rare in winters like this.

4. No dry skin.

5. It's beautiful & sunny, some plants arent even dormant. There's no salty/discusting streets and overcast nasty wetness with disrespectful northern winds.

6. I enjoy seeing potential pattern changes (involving cold) being shot down time and time again.

7. You're not trapped indoors. I like some snow but it gets old very quick.

I can't think of 8, 9, & 10 but they'd be good reasons too.

10) Lower Heating Bills

9) Not having to endure 10 people doing the play by play of the euro in the same thread, 8/10 of them describing it wrong.

8) More sleep

7) Cleaner cars, carpets, clothes, etc.

6) Endless mocking of Metfan for saying the pattern will change

5) Never hearing about SSW again

4) Moister skin

3) JB and Ruggie Weather are finally on the same level

2) Endless golf, frolf, or any other outdoor activity

1) Mt. Earthlight finally got screwed.

I endorse this post. I just wish my version of "snowless winter" was as mild as yours (yeah, it was 48 this afternoon...after starting out at 0!)

Yes. If life gives you lemons, make lemonade, so the saying goes.

Well on the bright side for you, save on plane tickets flying back to the East, that is assuming you don't want to experience the surreal feeling of trimming grass and birds chirping in the dead of winter. I'll save you some money: it sucks.

- No roof shoveling.

- Not having to hire a front-end loader to clear room to get cars out of the garage.

- No ice-dam leaks.

- Not having to shovel a path across the front yard to get oil delivered.

- Being able to open the windows in January and breath in some fresh air. (More a cold thing but it sort of goes along)

- No lost business from delivery delays.

- No potholes. (At least not new ones)

- Not worrying about my daughter driving back and forth from school on bad roads.

- No snow claustrophobia.

- Spraying weed killer on dandellions in January. :lmao:

Well on the bright side for you, save on plane tickets flying back to the East, that is assuming you don't want to experience the surreal feeling of trimming grass and birds chirping in the dead of winter. I'll save you some money: it sucks.

Can't well call it the "dead of winter" if you've got growing grass and chirping birds, can you? ;)

EDIT: Besides, I already flew back once... for the October storm. Good thing.

Archived