• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm of The Century Maps and Charts

DaculaWeather

OK, here are the maps for that time period. I intentionally left them large (~1.5MB each) so you could see the details. Great stuff. They will take a minute or two to download so be patient. They should be finished uploading in a few minutes.

For those of you that don't remember, were too young, or just know nothing about it, read this: http://en.wikipedia...._of_the_Century

EDIT: All files are now smaller jpg's

March 1

March 2

March 3

March 4

March 5

March 6

March 7

March 8

March 9

March 10

March 11

March 12

March 13

March 14

OK, here are the maps for that time period. I intentionally left them large (~30MB each) so you could see the details. Great stuff. They will take a minute or two to download so be patient. They should be finished uploading in a few minutes.

For those of you that don't remember, were too young, or just know nothing about it, read this: http://en.wikipedia...._of_the_Century

BNO8C.jpg

aslkahunnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

:lol:

Why didn't you make these a jpg or png? Why not use a compressed image format?

Why didn't you read his first sentence...I bolded it above for your convenience

I doubt I see another storm like that in my lifetime. It was that awesome.

If it wasnt for the 70-80 mph wind gust we had it would have been a meh event here, the coolest thing was the temps in midafternoon where warm I forget how warm but 60-70's at least and by midnight that night it was snowing but it was light behind the front type stuff nothing stuck that I remember.

I am still waiting for a repeat of Mar 1-3 1980, temps in the mid teens with thundersnow......

The thing I find interesting is that if you look at March 1, there were 3-4 low pressure systems across the upper US but no apparent blocking to be seen, looks like a zonal flow. AND... the two days preceding the storm here in Atlanta had 70 degrees for a high. I wish they had more detail (more hours) in the maps but this is all they had.

Best storm ever, got nearly a foot in Marietta with some crazy winds, thunder, and lightning, areas just west of me racked up even more.

I remember this storm well. It was a snow hurricane. Crazy winds. Thought my house was going to fall in between the weight of the snow and those winds. I was also expecting my first child in a matter of weeks. Guess that is the real reason I remember it well. It is a wonder I did not go into labor during the storm. Have never seen anything like that one since. Just amazing........

Upwards of 25 inches around east TN and northeast TN (don't know how much the airport, KTRI measured) and 8 to 10 foot drifts.

Too bad I left that Friday (was in college at ETSU), and wanted to experience the snow from Nashville (which at the time was progged to get several inches with a lot of wind) with friends. Waited and waited and waited, and finally the back edge expanded enough to give our little town northeast of Nashville around 3-4 inches, with 1-2 foot drifts. Truly a remarkable storm, even though I left what would have been the crosshairs. If only Americanwx was there for me back then. haha

Who knew the northwest trend WOULDN'T kick in and really hammer Nashville?? lol

Archived