Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12Z Model Thread

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM is trying to dig the initial s/w in response to the block forcing it South. At 500mb the confluence is showing up in the MA but pulling N in response to the main PV lifting a bit farther N as the block retrogrades and the 700mb map has a nice moisture reflection at 72 hours. Interesting:

nam_700_072m.gif

Guest someguy

12Z NAM NAILING RICH 0.56" total.... from what I can see.... 0.40" all snow

do the math film at 11

great analysis Steve B

NAM is trying to dig the initial s/w in response to the block forcing it South. At 500mb the confluence is showing up in the MA but pulling N in response to the main PV lifting a bit farther N as the block retrogrades and the 700mb map has a nice moisture reflection at 72 hours. Interesting:

nam_700_072m.gif

Guest someguy

Thats 850s ayuud. Anyway, interesting to note that's a good jump north on the NAM.

it is NOT a Jump North at all

you are comparing the GFS model with the Nam...

why? the GFS will have No precip until 24 hrs before the event

I could be wrong, but I think the s/w at 84 hours is out west. Definitely showing up on the NAM so far

At 84 hours...

The southern shortwave is there on the NAM....but slower and 300-500 miles further west into California than the 00z GFS. The Manitoba energy is pretty similar from the 00z GFS and 12z NAM...that's the northern energy that merges with the southern shortwave 2 days later. The PV is way different on the NAM...more consolidated north of NYS instead of being centered near Nova Scotia with more extension further west.

At 84 hours...

The southern shortwave is there on the NAM....but slower and 300-500 miles further west into California than the 00z GFS. The Manitoba energy is pretty similar from the 00z GFS and 12z NAM...that's the northern energy that merges with the southern shortwave 2 days later. The PV is way different on the NAM...more consolidated north of NYS instead of being centered near Nova Scotia with more extension further west.

does this placement affect the final outcome

The NAM has the upper tropospheric wave south of the 4 corners at 84, the wave that will eventually phase with the northern trough and initiate incipient cyclogenesis before bombing over the Gulf Stream. It actually has a similar placement to the latest Euro farther south than the GFS, so no, it would not be a noreaster superstorm in this configuration.

Guest someguy

Beg to differ here.

That IS a jump north vs 6 and even 0z NAM

again I thought Yoda was looking at the flat wave of the 0z and 6z GFS vs the 12z Nam ...

MY BAD

Archived