• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Holiday week storm(s) discussion

earthlight

Yeah true, check Philly thread Jb map showing us in heaviest snow for sat-mon storm 3, didn't last night he say warm.

not sure what JB has to do with the models. He sucsk, I agree, but that is more about him having to draw in subscriptions, and less about him not knowing the science. I would be more than happy to continue this with you in the banter thread. :)

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah true, check Philly thread Jb map showing us in heaviest snow for sat-mon storm 3, didn't last night he say warm.

That was regarding January I think, lets also not forget the system a week and a half back that looked like it had some snow potential for the area 3-4 days out he went with like 3-6 inches if I recall correctly.

good map showing the euro caught between storms here. Check out the energy diving into the midwest and how its trying to close off at 500 and arguably should have the storm organizging over the south but instead it seems to go back to focusing on the energy of storm 2 and you get the slop storm instead of a better system with fresher colder air a few frames later.

f144.gif

Yeah that was regarding the changeover event that initially looked more promising. Of course most of us saw no snow. He also said it would snow in the midatlantic last weekend. Granted there were some flurries but I'm pretty sure he was talking about an accumulating event. I've basically started ignoring him.

That was regarding January I think, lets also not forget the system a week and a half back that looked like it had some snow potential for the area 3-4 days out he went with like 3-6 inches if I recall correctly.

The control run of the Euro was a little more impressive than the operational run with the Christmas day storm. It has a 1004mb low near the NJ shore at 18z on Christmas day that it deepens to a 996mb low by Cape Cod at 0z on Christmas night. Precip amounts are near 1 inch in our area and the 850 line gets as far north as Rt. 80 in NJ, possibly the Bronx in NYC and then pivots just inland of NYC in Northern New Jersey. It looks like the NW burbs about 10-20 miles NW of NYC would get hit pretty good. The next storm it has for us is for the 30th into the 31st and that one could go either way, it has the 850's below 0 for most of the storm, except at the end it gets above. It brings that storm that you see at 240 hrs on the operational run, right up the coast to Long Island at 276 hrs.

I honestly still have a hard time believing there is another run of the Euro out there Accuweather is showing. As some have said here before, its basically a member of the ensemble so it could just be like everyones favorite GEFS member that shows a better solution than the op run.

The control run of the Euro was a little more impressive than the operational run with the Christmas day storm. It has a 1004mb near the NJ shore at 18z on Christmas day that it deepens to a 996mb low by Cape Cod at 0z on Christmas night. Precip amounts are near 1 inch in our area and the 850 line gets as far north as Rt. 80 in NJ, possibly the Bronx in NYC and then pivots just inland of NYC in Northern New Jersey. It looks like the NW burbs about 10-20 miles NW of NYC would get hit pretty good. The next storm it has for us if for the 30th into the 31st and that one could go either way, it has the 850's below 0 for most of the storm, except at the end it gets above. It brings that storm that you see at 240 hrs on the operational run, right up the coast to Long Island at 276 hrs.

I honestly still have a hard time believing there is another run of the Euro out there Accuweather is showing. As some have said here before, its basically a member of the ensemble so it could just be like everyones favorite GEFS member that shows a better solution than the op run.

Agree. The GEFS also has a control member, C0 member.

Probably the same exact thing with regards to the euro control.

Maybe, I don't know, but sometimes it does better than the operational run and sometimes it doesn't. Just another tool. It is nice though that it goes out to 360 hrs. It is the control run of the ensemble members, much like P001 of the GFS ensembles

It's junk. Saw it the other night. It's the weenies ensemble member and nothing more. Something for accuweather to charge for.

I have been following it for months. It is worth something. I have seen it show trends many times. If you don't want to believe it, that is fine. But what I am telling you is the truth.

It's junk. Saw it the other night. It's the weenies ensemble member and nothing more. Something for accuweather to charge for.

I have been following it for months. It is worth something. I have seen it show trends many times. If you don't want to believe it, that is fine. But what I am telling you is the truth.

If you follow every single gefs member, it mau show a trend or be right sometimes, wrong sometimes.

I truly don't think it adds any addtional value

Its colder than the op run because its further south and east and weaker. You bring the storm closer to the coast and it gets warmer.

that storm has to be later and must be the product of the energy diving into the trough, or its rain

as I said earlier, the euro seems to be in between worlds there.

Archived