Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Name that winter storm!

OKpowdah

I think that is my nightmare storm...busted way too high on snow...12/30-31/07

Right again!

That one was decent for me I think. It was the next storm on New Years that I got screwed by downsloping. I was really mad because I was shooting for a 3-foot depth. I think I maxed at 30"

Lol, it was def a bit lucky...but I guessed that storm because it had a fairly unclassic look. It would be easier if I had my kocin book with me, but I'm up at Megans.

That's amazing lol.

How is it that unclassic though? Looks pretty good to me. Beautiful phase about to happen east of the Mississippi R., and confluence over the northeast.

That's amazing lol.

How is it that unclassic though? Looks pretty good to me. Beautiful phase about to happen east of the Mississippi R., and confluence over the northeast.

Low heights where you normally want higher heights...the confluence is kind of transient...the system was actually mostly a huge front end thump. The confluence held on a bit longer than thought and the storm was under forecast over a lot of I-95 where it was thought it would flip to rain. It did eventually flip or mix in PHL/NYC but BOS held on the whole way. The was just enough Greenland blocking I guess, but its setup was a bit atypical of some other KU events even though many of the parameters are there.

That storm sucked...we got 10" but the dryslot was horrific. 10 inches fell in about 5 hours and then we dryslotted and it was over. We got flurries as the "backlash" moved through.

Longitude killed ENE on this one, especially BOS. It was a great storm in the NYC area though. Some parts of NW NJ were meso banded and had over 2 feet. I had about 15-16" in New Canaan, CT. One of those relatively rare storms where NYC won and BOS lost.

Longitude killed ENE on this one, especially BOS. It was a great storm in the NYC area though. Some parts of NW NJ were meso banded and had over 2 feet. I had about 15-16" in New Canaan, CT. One of those relatively rare storms where NYC won and BOS lost.

Yeah I remember the banding flying NW and turning almost due N/S orientation and then rotting over E NY and NNJ for hours while we were spitting SN- with like 3 mile vis. I think some areas just SW of ALB got smoked too with 20-24 inches.

Archived