joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK / AR / KS / MO Winter 2013-2014

okie333

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, eh... maybe a little cooler, less precip showing up.... Hoping this is a case of the GFS warming a cold airmass up too quickly. It's colder with a stronger HP pushing down but by the time the storm system gets here, it has warmed up a bit.

usaasnowi72sfc120.gif

That cutter in IL and the trough across the SW were very close to merging together into one large system about 30 hrs previously in the run.

Yeah, I actually thought they would have when I saw it. Kicked out the first low though and took it's place.

I kind of have a bit of a hard time believing the two systems would stay separate in the situation that the GFS suggests, considering the second piece of jet energy is quite close behind for a substantial amount of time prior to the ejection of the initial wave.

Just gonna be so close on seeing something before it changes to rain... Waiting on the Euro now... Hopefully the models will get cooler once we get closer to the event, kind of like how they are cooling things off for SW KS, NW OK, N TX with the system coming in tomorrow/Friday.

00z Euro is warming up a bit at 850... At 120 though it isn't too far off from last nights 00z run at 850 MB. It is cooler than the 00z GFS at the same time. Wunderground isn't that far out yet to see surface temps and precip yet.

usatmp850mb120t.gif

GFS

usatmp850mb120v.gif

yeah a little cooler but with less precip this run on the 12z GFS. It remains really active though with large run to run changes in the medium and long range.

Looks like the GGEM is having issues on their website since it isn't updating.

yeah a little cooler but with less precip this run on the 12z GFS. It remains really active though with large run to run changes in the medium and long range.

Looks like the GGEM is having issues on their website since it isn't updating.

Since the GFS may be starting to trend cooler I'm gonna ride the Euro and hope for the best with this one.

Still looking ok on the 12z Euro.. The precip wants to come in two waves. One farther north at 93 or so and one at 102 or so. The latter would probably be more during the day when surface temps want to rise to near or above freezing from just west of Joplin down to just north of Ft. Smith. 850 MB is sufficiently cold, and I can't see the other levels.

12z Euro qpf for JLN
MON 12Z 13-FEB  -1.1	-3.4	1019	  82	 100	0.08	 555	 541	
MON 18Z 13-FEB   1.3	-0.9	1015	  80	  95	0.05	 552	 540	
TUE 00Z 14-FEB   0.6	-1.8	1011	  93	  82	0.13	 547	 538	
TUE 06Z 14-FEB   0.4	-2.1	1012	  99	  71	0.05	 548	 539	
TUE 12Z 14-FEB   1.0	-1.0	1014	  98	  21	0.01	 552	 541	

Could you pull the precip totals for Tulsa?

Archived