• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
My Winter Outlook 2011-2012

FoothillsNC

I find it interesting that this coming weekend's event seems right inline with Robert's overall outlook, and somewhat similar to last winter (although this is obviously a rain event outside of the highest elevations). Hoping this is all a sign of things to come for winter; push this event back a month or so and its probably game on for may of us.

Last night's EC:

00zeuro850mbTSLPUS120.gif

Today's GFS

12zgfs850mbTSLPp06120.gif

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rays Fearless Forecast is out. Last week I emailed Ray with a link to FoothillsNC's winter forecast. I see that Ray does mention the NAO at the beginning of his forecast. I hope you didn't mind Robert.

http://booneweather....arless+Forecast

Hope you have a camera. Your the only rival to sno joe location on this board and like Rays forecast, I agree you are primed for many upslope events this winter. I'm amazed at how similar the pacific and atlantic sst are in comparison with this October to last years. The La nina should be a half notch lower thus possibly allowing for a few shots from the 4 corners region to evolve if we could be so lucky. Be sure to post reguraly in the obs this winter.

Hope you have a camera. Your the only rival to sno joe location on this board and like Rays forecast, I agree you are primed for many upslope events this winter. I'm amazed at how similar the pacific and atlantic sst are in comparison with this October to last years. The La nina should be a half notch lower thus possibly allowing for a few shots from the 4 corners region to evolve if we could be so lucky. Be sure to post reguraly in the obs this winter.

Hehe, snow joe will be some tough competition. I do have high hopes for this location. According to my neighbor last year with the ~Jan 9th storm Beech got 23 inches for storm total and he said it was 18 inches at my location. I lived in Boone last year and Boone got 9 in officially from that same event. Hoping to see some accumulating snow tomorrow night. I will have a weather station up soon. I moved up here last year from Atlanta and love it here.

I was born Feb 4 1973 near Macon. My older sister still complains that there are no pictures of the snow- only baby pictures

I remember that snow. I lived near Augusta, Ga then. Here is a thread about that snowstorm that I started in 2006. If you look further down in the thread you will see some links to some photos of that storm I posted.

http://www.talkweather.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30650-the-southern-snowstorm-of-1973/

Nice outlook Robert. I always liked reading your stuff last year when I lived in TN since you did a good job keeping them in the loop (instead of focusing purely on NC and GA). Moved out to CO recently and it looks like you've got me drier than normal with near normal temps. Oh well, at least we've already got 6" on the year and we're getting more next week.

I was born Feb 4 1973 near Macon. My older sister still complains that there are no pictures of the snow- only baby pictures

That was one of my biggest snow disappointments. I was at work in Atl. and would go out to the parking lot, and strain to see clouds building in, and they never did. Macon got slammed, but even Orchard Hill on the south side of Griffin, only got an inch or so. A localized bowling ball of a storm. But what a storm for some. T

• 2 weeks later...

If everyone else's winter forecast is going to be pinned, I think Robert's should definely be back up there. I would like to see them all stay pinned for the entire winter season to make it easy to keep up with what verifies and what doesn't and why.

+1

I've been wondering the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived