joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Rocky Mountain Discussion

tacoman25

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DEN has recorded a trace of snowfall on 5 days this month, but still hasn't managed any measurable snowfall. :thumbsdown:

Of course, I've only had 1" total in my backyard. Fort Collins/Greeley are the "big winners" so far with totals in the 2-4" range.

Do you know how the western slopes have been doing? Be interesting to watch WRT Colorado River reservoir levels.

Season-to-date snowfall: 4.1"

Today: it was partly sunny, then a heavy rain shower within the past hour with a 51.1mph wind gust. Wow! It was supposed to be mostly sunny, right?

Forecast looks like its rapidly evolving for tonight...18z GFS spits out way more moisture and probably a couple inches of snow for you and maybe me.

• 3 weeks later...

This has been BY FAR the worst early season I've seen here. Several .5" snowfalls or dustings and that's it. Just pathetic. I think things will finally get better in about a month...but for the next couple weeks at least, continues to look dry and dull.

I think nature is trying to help me pass my comprehensive on January 7th by keeping the weather as boring as possible. Look for things to pick up afterward. :snowman:

New to the area and to the board, having recently relocated from Central MA and Easternuswx- New Englandah most of my life. Sold the snowblower before we moved, but this is ridiculous!!....

Natives tell me it's unusual even for here. I don't see a whole lot about climate stuff on the NWS AFD here as was common in BOX. We've had about 1.2 inches of precip here since we moved on August 9th which annualizes to about 3.7 inches. I know fall is typically dry, but just how weird IS this???

Yours truly, Frustrated.

New to the area and to the board, having recently relocated from Central MA and Easternuswx- New Englandah most of my life. Sold the snowblower before we moved, but this is ridiculous!!....

Natives tell me it's unusual even for here. I don't see a whole lot about climate stuff on the NWS AFD here as was common in BOX. We've had about 1.2 inches of precip here since we moved on August 9th which annualizes to about 3.7 inches. I know fall is typically dry, but just how weird IS this???

Yours truly, Frustrated.

It isn't unprecedented in a Nina year, but it's rare. Odds are we'll break out of the drought sooner or later. If nothing else, typically the late-Feb into early-April time frame is good for snow on the Front range.

Yours truly, Frustrated.

Very unusual. It's been one of the driest falls on record for some places, actually. Last year, I had already had about 30" of snow at this time and ended up with over 90" for the year.

Jan- Mar will be much better, I think.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DENVER CO

316 PM MST TUE DEC 14 2010

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM WEDNESDAY TO NOON

MST THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN DENVER HAS ISSUED A WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM

WEDNESDAY TO NOON MST THURSDAY.

* TIMING...LIGHT TO MODERATE SNOWFALL WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH

LATE THURSDAY MORNING.

* ACCUMULATION/WIND...SNOW TOTALS WILL RANGE FROM 3 TO 7 INCHES

WITH THE HIGHER AMOUNTS ACROSS SOUTHERN AND WESTERN SECTIONS OF

THE METRO AREA. NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 20 MPH WEDNESDAY EVENING

WILL WEAKEN AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Finally.

Finally getting a good snow down here in Santa Fe today. So far around 7 inches at my apartment and its still snowing at a decent rate. NWS originally called for 1-3 inches tonight and kept revising it up to about 9 inches now although parts of the town - especially on the edge of the foothills - will likely see far more than that.

Archived