joxey
introducing the nyc weenie get together version 1.5

earthlight

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We should do a lunch at Seasonal. It's between 6th and 7th on 58th and the lunch prix fixe is $29 (so everyone could pay a flat ~$37 with tip). Three courses, amazing food (it has a Michelin Star), and it usually isn't too busy during lunch hours. Could be on the smaller side, too--let me know what you guys think!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5102666/website/Lunch.pdf

We should do a lunch at Seasonal. It's between 6th and 7th on 58th and the lunch prix fixe is $29 (so everyone could pay a flat ~$37 with tip). Three courses, amazing food (it has a Michelin Star), and it usually isn't too busy during lunch hours. Could be on the smaller side, too--let me know what you guys think!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5102666/website/Lunch.pdf

That's a great deal. Do you know if the environment would be conducive to such a gathering?

http://dl.dropbox.co...bsite/Lunch.pdf

I am in, That is a hell of a place.

I am in, That is a hell of a place.

Awesome! :)

I think it would be good if we could keep it to 8-10 or fewer, as the place isn't huge... given the price point I'm guessing some people wouldn't want to go anyways.

I'll call later but right now I'm seeing that the max table size is 6--I'm guessing they could put something bigger together, or we could maybe do two tables of 6 (it always ends up that way at get-togethers anyways, doesn't it?). We would have to keep the volume down a little bit but lively conversation is definitely fine, just no screaming etc.

How do people feel about doing this on a Saturday? During the week would be good too as I work nearby, but not sure about others.

I think it would be good if we could keep it to 8-10 or fewer, as the place isn't huge... given the price point I'm guessing some people wouldn't want to go anyways.

Cmon son.

This isnt your private birthday party, were trying to have a G2G and if we want it to be inclusive, its going to have to be somewhere that can accommodate more than 8-10 people

Cmon son.

This isnt your private birthday party, were trying to have a G2G and if we want it to be inclusive, its going to have to be somewhere that can accommodate more than 8-10 people

He is an adult so the condescending (bolded) part is not so cool...

1) C'mon son is an expression with no ties to age whatsoever.

Actually, when used in a colloquially critical context, it implies the (perceived) superiority of the speaker and inferiority of the individual being addressed...

Archived