Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Fall Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the new HPC Day 1-3 total issued 1951z this afternoon.

post-1507-0-57143300-1315255298.gif

This is the first time i've ever seen such an excessive HPC rainfall forecast map bulls-eying Central PA, and thats the 3 day total that doesn't include the rainfall yesterday. Not gonna pull any punches, if this were to verify we'd likely be talking a major flooding event.

This is the first time i've ever seen such an excessive HPC rainfall forecast map bulls-eying Central PA, and thats the 3 day total that doesn't include the rainfall yesterday. Not gonna pull any punches, if this were to verify we'd likely be talking a major flooding event.

The Juniata and W Branch of the Susquehanna will take major hits. I hope Harrisburg has plenty of sandbags. Not good for folks up that way, as I was born and raised in Lock Haven and remember Agnes.

i wouldn't mind taking one for the team :weight_lift: , shift the axis of hvy rainfall my way, 8"+ sounds exciting! As of right now, only have a measely .70" rain so far just with the FROPA. It has been so dry for so long up here, I don't think it would be enough to cause extreme flooding, this area missed Irene and really hasn't had much runoff from any major rain.

given the dangerous aspects to the future forecast, I thought the disco was charitably underwhelming. I expected better honestly.

Same here considering the possible heavy rain and flooding, they are always coservative. by the way I wish I was still down at HHi was down the first week of August, stayed at Beachwood on South Forrest Beach.

Same here considering the possible heavy rain and flooding, they are always coservative. by the way I wish I was still down at HHi was down the first week of August, stayed at Beachwood on South Forrest Beach.

I know Beachwood. We have a condo in Sea Pines (south beach area), but live in Moss Creek near the bridge. Heavy rain is no problem here. It can rain 3" in an hour, and five minutes later, no standing water. I hope everyone in that area up north stays safe and below flood stage. Watching water rise is THE most helpless feeling in the world.

It looks like thus far the only thing that was changed in the 6:34p update was the aviation section. I'm sure we will have some kind of a detailed discussion eventually this evening. At least i'd hope so.. I mean we are talking rainfall totals being printed out that would do a run of the mill nor'easter proud if we were talking snowfall inches.

Archived