• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Hurricane Irene in the tropics. Will it impact the Southeast?

weatherman566

Mencklin, it'll be alright We'll be w/out power 2 weeks @ most,,

you have a weapon? if so...Some, Looting WILL happen...

Smokes, if ya gotem.

Dried/canned goods, (and a means to open them!)

Boil water advisories

Get bottled gas NOW, if you can use it on a grille.

Nice if you have a gen set...

Get some Batts, and a portable radio...

batt. powered LED flash light/Lamp

Bottled Water

First Aid Kit..

(ME: Plenty of beer) :thumbsup:

Need to Get a couple extra SD cards for the camera, a :scooter: to the Inlet access/beach to catch this girl comin in.:popcorn:

Hope Josh makes a appearance, so I can Meet him..

I got a 700 Gal. pool so I'm good..

Gas in your car,,, oh wait... J/K

Things of that nature.

(Did i miss anything besides more beer?)

You may be able to meet me at the bridge to Wrightsville over the Intracoastal :)

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z GFS run is the classic "downeast NC cutter" system with the western eyewall barely touching Wilmington/Cape Fear with tropical storm force winds, then inland briefly around Emerald Isle with the strongest part of the system over the inner banks marshes. Rain shield barely makes it west of I-95. Chapel Hill/Durham left high and dry for sure.

How many times have we seen this setup over the past 15 years?

18z GFS run is the classic "downeast NC cutter" system with the western eyewall barely touching Wilmington/Cape Fear with tropical storm force winds, then inland briefly around Emerald Isle with the strongest part of the system over the inner banks marshes. Rain shield barely makes it west of I-95. Chapel Hill/Durham left high and dry for sure.

How many times have we seen this setup over the past 15 years?

What's funny is that the GFS then turns the storm north, almost NNW to dump on I-95 with an expanded NW sector rain shield. It's JUST like the ****ing winter.

Ok Guys, Not on much in summer. So my question is with the models trending to the east with each run will it show up futher west (than Projected) like it sometimes does in the winter time ?

Models aren't trending east with each run. The big afternoon headline is the trend back west.

I was just wondering if this could be the first storm where an extreme wind warning is issued.

Inland tropical storm and hurricane are all I know... Should be the real deal if we see tornado warnings inland for the first couple counties associated with the eyewall. Premature speculation, but the inland watches and warnings are legit, tornado type is only reserved for those special inner core type deals.

Mencklin, it'll be alright We'll be w/out power 2 weeks @ most,,

you have a weapon? if so...Some, Looting WILL happen...

Smokes, if ya gotem.

Dried/canned goods, (and a means to open them!)

Boil water advisories

Get bottled gas NOW, if you can use it on a grille.

Nice if you have a gen set...

Get some Batts, and a portable radio...

batt. powered LED flash light/Lamp

Bottled Water

First Aid Kit..

(ME: Plenty of beer) :thumbsup:

Need to Get a couple extra SD cards for the camera, a :scooter: to the Inlet access/beach to catch this girl comin in.:popcorn:

Hope Josh makes a appearance, so I can Meet him..

I got a 700 Gal. pool so I'm good..

Gas in your car,,, oh wait... J/K

Things of that nature.

(Did i miss anything besides more beer?)

I'm not as prepared as you but I guess I'll survive. My biggest fear is the loss of electricity. I live in an apt. so of course I have no back-up generator. This may sound odd to some but I'm a "fan person" (and my peers know exactly what that means.) Being a fan person, I'm basically an addict to having a fan on all the time....Not only will I have an incredibly difficult time ever falling asleep, I'll actually go half insane from fan withdrawal. (Yea, I know it's weird.)

If the storm hits S.C. I'll prolly be okay..but a direct hit here and I'll go bananas..

arrowheadsmiley.png.

FYI, "peaked the interest" should be "piqued the interest." :)

Good catch Bozart!

And while I'm here....how the heck do you get the multi-quote thing to work? I've tried a couple things but I just can't make a reply with anything other than the immediate post I'm dealing with. I see you guys include "previous posts" inside your replies; i.e. a "double reply" but I just can't do it. Grrrrrrr.

NHC is getting not only NOAA Jet data sets for the models but they are also sending the C-130 on a synoptic mission to sample the atmosphere ahead of the storm. That doesn't happen very often. With the models trending back west everyone needs to be aware all along the SE coast. No one is safe yet. I think the 5 am advisory tomorrow morning will be the first one that will take into account the synoptic data being collected now.

Models aren't trending east with each run. The big afternoon headline is the trend back west.

And how many times have we seen that in the past?

Repeated shifts in any one direction always come to an end. And that's usually followed by a step backwards and then a settling down.

Unless something truly bizarre comes up; I'm effectively locked onto mid SC to mid NC for Irene.

I 100% understand and agree with you about the FAN. Same here man..

I'm not as prepared as you but I guess I'll survive. My biggest fear is the loss of electricity. I live in an apt. so of course I have no back-up generator. This may sound odd to some but I'm a "fan person" (and my peers know exactly what that means.) Being a fan person, I'm basically an addict to having a fan on all the time....Not only will I have an incredibly difficult time ever falling asleep, I'll actually go half insane from fan withdrawal. (Yea, I know it's weird.)

If the storm hits S.C. I'll prolly be okay..but a direct hit here and I'll go bananas..

arrowheadsmiley.png.

Archived