• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jerry's Elephant dead?

ORH_wxman

I thought this deserved its own thread due to the incredible stretch of above average temps at all 4 SNE climo sites. BOS became the first out of all 4 to record a negative departure for a month in 2010.

BOS had an average temp of 44.8F in the month of November which is 0.1F below average. Its the narrowest of margins but its still below average. Despite today's mild weather on the east side of our lakes cutter, it appears the first half of December (at least) will come in significantly below average for the region, so maybe this is a sign that times are changing.

I thought this deserved its own thread due to the incredible stretch of above average temps at all 4 SNE climo sites. BOS became the first out of all 4 to record a negative departure for a month in 2010.

BOS had an average temp of 44.8F in the month of November which is 0.1F below average. Its the narrowest of margins but its still below average. Despite today's mild weather on the east side of our lakes cutter, it appears the first half of December (at least) will come in significantly below average for the region, so maybe this is a sign that times are changing.

:thumbsup:

i was a little surprised to see the mention on the box afd re: the 850s coming in during the extended period being near normal....because they aren't :lol:

:thumbsup:

i was a little surprised to see the mention on the box afd re: the 850s coming in during the extended period being near normal....because they aren't :lol:

Well it was mentioned that it would be colder than normal at the same time for sfc temps i think. From the context, I gathered that it was more "not terribly unusual for this time of year" rather than exactly normal for 850 temps. I think climo is about -3C for the MA pike region in the Dec 3-6 time range.

Beyond their extended period though it certainly looks like much more significant cold could impact us, but it remains to be seen.

Well it was mentioned that it would be colder than normal at the same time for sfc temps i think. From the context, I gathered that it was more "not terribly unusual for this time of year" rather than exactly normal for 850 temps. I think climo is about -3C for the MA pike region in the Dec 3-6 time range.

Beyond their extended period though it certainly looks like much more significant cold could impact us, but it remains to be seen.

it'll be the first extended period of B normal temps we've seen in quite some time.

Well I suspect that should end the monthly positive departure string for these three stations...December should finally be below-normal...unless something really horrible happens the second half of the month.

December should be the first month with some decent widespread negative departures in the east.

Not the best start today though lol

Archived