• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NYC Get-Together, Edition II

nzucker

people tend to leave on that Friday for the holiday weknd, I am down to do anything after work during the week in manhattan (midtown would be best). Why don't we just meet up at a bar after work, I know many people here work in the city. That would be quick and easy. If not, a saturday afternoon works for me outside holiday weekends.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people tend to leave on that Friday for the holiday weknd, I am down to do anything after work during the week in manhattan (midtown would be best). Why don't we just meet up at a bar after work, I know many people here work in the city. That would be quick and easy. If not, a saturday afternoon works for me outside holiday weekends.

Yeah I am worried about July 2nd being too close to the 4th and related festivities.

So, please indicate your preference in the next post:

Would you prefer the get-together to be held on:

a) Saturday, June 25th, afternoon/evening

B) Sunday, June 26th, afternoon

c) Friday, July 1st, evening

d) Saturday, July 2nd, afternoon/evening

How does my place work for y'all? You chip in 5-10 dollars, I take care of drinks and nice food with plenty of garden-fresh, seasonal dishes. You come to Dobbs, I pick you up at the train station if necessary or collect people locally who don't have access to a car.

Yeah I am worried about July 2nd being too close to the 4th and related festivities.

B) Sunday, June 26th, afternoon

How does my place work for y'all? You chip in 5-10 dollars, I take care of drinks and nice food with plenty of garden-fresh, seasonal dishes. You come to Dobbs, I pick you up at the train station if necessary or collect people locally who don't have access to a car.

I think party at your crib sounds great. I'd be willing to chip in 10 bucks, and would prefer one of the two early July dates if that's possible. June 26th I think I'm coming back that day, so it's cutting it close.

Plus, I'd finally get to witness the temp dropping 10F on the ascent up Mt Zucker. :gun_bandana:

Those 3 days would be good. Im not sure how to get to your house lol

That sounds good zucker.Where do I buy a jacket warm enough to ward off the the bitter cold from the 400 feet elevation?.lol.

I would think you'd get by with a north face at this time of year, although they are known for drastic temp swings even into July up there. I'll probably throw a couple heavier parkas and some XC skies in my trunk just in case. Maybe a first aid kit and some flashlights for good measure.

I would think you'd get by with a north face at this time of year, although they are known for drastic temp swings even into July up there. I'll probably throw a couple heavier parkas and some XC skies in my trunk just in case. Maybe a first aid kit and some flashlights for good measure.

The summit holds the record for latest accumulating snowfall in the Northeast. Nationally, I believe Mt. Hood beats them out by a few days.

I think we should go somewhere else than Carmines. It's a little too pricey over there.

http://www.carminesn...uDinner91st.pdf

Each of those platters feeds like 3-4 people, they're not meant to be eaten individually. Most people think it is pretty inexpensive since the portions are huge, family-style...you order like 3-4 main courses for a table of 10-12 and are satisfied, I've heard from my dad who went a few months ago.

I am perfectly willing to host, however, just need 5-10 bucks from each person for beer and food. Would obviously be cheaper than a restaurant...I will make a nice spread and have lots of cocktails/beers.

What do people think of Five Napkin Burger in Midtown?

Also, how would everyone like to do Dim Sum instead...we could do Chinatown in Flushing or Manhattan? I know a place called Jade Asian Restaurant just off Main Street in Flushing, quite delicious...

Several thoughts on suggestions and faulty logic:

1) How would a steakhouse be cheaper than Carmine's?

2) Ruby Tuesdays in Times Square is probably the worst suggestion one could make. In a city filled with so many incredible restaurants at reasonable prices, why pick a crappy franchise in the middle of Times Square?

3) It was revealed that Ed's house only has one room equipped with air conditioning. Even on a nice, comfortable temperature type day, 15 guys in a room will lead to intense heat and, most likely, an awful stench. I realize it is Mt. Zucker, so my sea level based mentality may be underestimating conditions atop Dobbs Ferry. The outdoor patio option is feasible, but heavily weather dependent.

4) Trains can be really tricky for those that can't read. We wouldn't want Anthony ending up somewhere near Canada because he decides heading due north is his best bet.

To be honest, I won't be attending and really should've kept my mouth shut. My wife is set to give birth to our second son on July 5th, so any plans I would make in that time frame are extremely tentative. I'm also roughly 15 years older than most of you, but I'm sure I could show you a few BBQ and party tricks. If there is anything on the horizon pre-winter of 2012, and it is somewhere in Manhattan, I'm in. I'd love to meet all of you, even the ones I chose to poke fun at. Sometimes some of you (Anthony) make it too easy.

2) Ruby Tuesdays in Times Square is probably the worst suggestion one could make. In a city filled with so many incredible restaurants at reasonable prices, why pick a crappy franchise in the middle of Times Square?

4) Trains can be really tricky for those that can't read. We wouldn't want Anthony ending up somewhere near Canada because he decides heading due north is his best bet.

I'd love to meet all of you, even the ones I chose to poke fun at. Sometimes some of you (Anthony) make it too easy.

1.Ruby Tuesdays has good food and it's not a crappy franchise.

2. Shut up. I can read and I know how to get places. :thumbsdown:

3. I met a lot of people on this board at the other gtg. I would love to meet more.:hug:

• 1 month later...

Archived