• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Cicada Brood XIX

Isopycnic

I was up in Nashville all week for work and I was amazed at just the sheer volume of them on the trees...when it was finally getting warm on Friday it the volume was picking up and you could tell it was going to get ugly...yet here in Chatt town not a peep so far...

anyone know what these bugs are? They're piled on top of each other on a few of my azaleas, but they're not eating any vegetation that I can see. Some mornings I find them in masses on the front porch, then they always end up back on the azalea leaves. Never seen them before. They're mostly red, but a few are black.

post-38-0-02740800-1305998823.jpg

They look like Box elder bugs to me. I see them frequently at work in Marietta, they tend to be in large numbers too.

I was up in Nashville all week for work and I was amazed at just the sheer volume of them on the trees...when it was finally getting warm on Friday it the volume was picking up and you could tell it was going to get ugly...yet here in Chatt town not a peep so far...

Not a peep here either. How did you do w/ the bad weather a few weeks back?

thanks Rosie. He's not much of a predator or mouser. He catches things and tortures them til they're dead, then walks away. And inside he's just fat and lazy and lets mice walk right on by.

Sounds like my cat.He's an outside cat and is scared of his own shadow,but he does like the occasional mouse or lizard cuisine.

thanks Rosie. He's not much of a predator or mouser. He catches things and tortures them til they're dead, then walks away. And inside he's just fat and lazy and lets mice walk right on by.

3 in my bunch eat what they kill, the rest do like yours or just lay around all day. They have not had a cicada to hunt so far.

There has not been a single day since they hatched out about 3 weeks ago they haven't been audible or loud here. Starting to see a lot of them literally drop out of the sky or trees now. Will be walking outside and suddenly one hits the roof or crashes right in front of me..pretty wild actually. I guess they have done their business and are dying. I won't miss the noise.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived