• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April-January climate stats for Washington, D.C.

Ian

Thx guys. It's proven time intensive to do climo study. I am going to break down each month similarly for the next year. I could spend my whole life looking at the DCA numbers alone. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess this can be a general climo thread, tho maybe there already was one..

I was bored the last few days so I compiled this:

High and low temperature by year at Washington, D.C.

http://www.ianliving...washington-d-c/

Hard for me to believe, especially after the past two summers, that the highest temperature at DCA was 92 in 2004. It seems so long ago. Cool stats.

Hard for me to believe, especially after the past two summers, that the highest temperature at DCA was 92 in 2004. It seems so long ago. Cool stats.

yeah kinda crazy. i'll add in the actual numbers with a spreadsheet or something at some pt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The warm nights in the summer lately have surprised me a bit, I can recall when even with highs in the mid 90's the lows at night seemed to drop into the 60's out here, the past few years the lows have held in the 70's even with highs in the upper 80's. Via Vantage-pro2 the daytime temperature here since 2005 has not increased nearly as much as the nighttime temperature, which shows a trend almost 4X as steep.

Though this area generally is a warm spot at night anyway compared to most places (except DCA).

• 3 weeks later...

?

Sorry...I'm an avowed grammar Nazi, and overused apostrophes are one of my real nitpicky points. In the writeup, there are a couple of instances in which apostrophes are used on plural nouns (two "October's" being the ones that stuck out).

I didn't really read it to look for mistakes, but I just couldn't help but mention that I spotted them. I do appreciate the writeup and info in general, though.

cool, good catch. typing October 100 times you start to lose your mind a little. i blame my editor. ;)

Completely understood!

I'm not sure if CWG has a second or third set of eyes take a look at your columns, but if there's ever something you want someone to peruse, I'd be happy to help (as would my wife - an actual editor - I'm sure).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived