amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 31-April 1 2011 late season event obs

famartin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No snow here and we are running out of time and precip. Once sun gets up a bit, snow will be fighting those spring rays.

Ok, spoke too soon. just saw a few wet flakes. temp 35. Winds NW@2-3

That's odd. I'm nearly 25 miles SE of you and we've been mixing for about 30 minutes and is now all snow. Your elevation can't be much less than mine. Wierd.

That's odd. I'm nearly 25 miles SE of you and we've been mixing for about 30 minutes and is now all snow. Your elevation can't be much less than mine. Wierd.

Precip intensity at work. When the precip has been a touch heavier here I'm getting snowflakes mixing in (my el is about 175') but when it slackens off we just have drizzle.

I'm guessing the precip in the LV wasn't as heavier earlier. There's a steadier batch working into the LV now so he may mix/changeover.

Precip intensity at work. When the precip has been a touch heavier here I'm getting snowflakes mixing in (my el is about 175') but when it slackens off we just have drizzle.

I'm guessing the precip in the LV wasn't as heavier earlier. There's a steadier batch working into the LV now so he may mix/changeover.

10 - 15 dbz more can make all the difference.

We are at 340. Very few flakes of wet snow. higher hills in distant obscured and believe snow is melting at altitude. perhaps you had had more precip, thus more cooling. measured precip here is .07 today, .21 storm total.

Your sig says Lancaster but Shady Maple is just up the road from me in Morgantown....right?

That is correct Paul, I live in Leola about 15 minutes from Lancaster, Shady Maple is in East Earl which is about 7 miles west of Morgantown. Pic taken from my office window.pepsi.gif

:)

Honestly, if that band to the west can get it in here with the same intensity within an hour or two, I bet it could snow could for awhile.......we'll see.

Yeah....it's about 80-20 snowflakes now here...just changed over in the last 10-15 minutes. Wouldn't surprise me to see a coating on the ground in the next hr or two. :lol:

For some reason I thought North Coventry had a higher elevation. I left at about 6am with mixed precip and pretty much drove all the way to Kennett Square in snow. Nww sticking to cars and grassy surfaces here.

Archived