amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 31-April 1 2011 late season event obs

famartin

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess this time every foot made a difference, I'm at 480ft and didn't get any accum. :lol:

Tamaqua is 825' and there was barely a coating on the grass. A couple miles west of town and about 100-200 ft higher and there was about a half inch to an inch. It seems that right around 900 to 1,000 ft was where the more significant accumulations started.

I guess this time every foot made a difference, I'm at 480ft and didn't get any accum. :lol:

Intensity mattered too. The areas that got a couple of inches (Exton) are lower elevations than Wayne is...there were some pretty impressive echoes that moved through the western burbs...you might have just been a couple dbz short. :(

I'm surprised with how persistent the precip has been today... kudos to the EC for being the best model (as far as I can tell/remember) as far as picking that up. The GFS and NAM seemed much drier after 18Z.

Yup. One time when the slower Euro timing worked better. I only traced out with snow yesterday, which means I'm still at 40.000000000000000000000000000

just had the same here. Rain with sleet and graupel

I was outside digging more in the yard. And felt some rain drops huge ones, with some sleet bouncing off my nextdoor neighbors driveway, was surprised to see and feel it, I was like wtf. But i continued to try to dig out this trench to drain the water from the back of the house to the front towards the street.

Archived