CONSOLIDATE INTO A QLCS ALONG FRONT NWD INTO THE MID ATLANTIC STATES

WITH PERHAPS ONE DOMINANT PRE-FRONTAL CONFLUENCE BAND OF TSTMS

FORMING OVER THE CAROLINAS. GIVEN THE VERY STRONG WIND FIELD AND

SUFFICIENT CONVECTIVE INSTABILITY...SETUP WILL BE SUPPORTIVE OF

EMBEDDED SUPERCELL/BOWING STRUCTURES WITH A RISK FOR TORNADOES

/POSSIBLY STRONG/ AND A CORRIDOR OF DAMAGING WINDS OVER PARTS OF THE

PIEDMONT INTO COASTAL PLAIN.

From SPC 1630 OTLK

Blue Ridge and Mid-Atlantic states signal us to me..

Doesn't look like they moved the probabilities around too much. I think they're referring more to the southern parts of the area rather than our part of the Blue Ridge. Seems like best threat would be from Fredericksburg, VA south. However, with that said HPC has the warm front going well north of the area by 06z maybe like into upper PA and NY

Doesn't look like they moved the probabilities around too much. I think they're referring more to the southern parts of the area rather than our part of the Blue Ridge. Seems like best threat would be from Fredericksburg, VA south. However, with that said HPC has the warm front going well north of the area by 06z maybe like into upper PA and NY

2000 OTLK should be interesting. By the way, I forgot that the times had moved forward... so 2000 OTLK will be out by 3 :lol:

This year's definitely been one of the more unusual years as far as setups and forcing is concerned.

That being said, I agree with you that (paraphrased) the dynamics are pretty friggen sweet with this system. Severe for the morning hours fo sho.

i'd like to see it all like 6 hrs slower and tilting about that much sooner, but i think we can at least get some severe wind reports and maybe a quick tornado or two.

i'd like to see it all like 6 hrs slower and tilting about that much sooner, but i think we can at least get some severe wind reports and maybe a quick tornado or two.

True, our area will be a bit lacking. I'm just hyped-up over the potential in VA/NC, because it's pretty awesome for this time of the year. I'll be quite satisfied if there's a wind report IMBY, even if it's a little lackluster.

Why do you think that? SRH is off the charts and good shear

I've never been a fan of the northern end of a line of storms :P

Also, I'm concerned about what the actual LL stability will be like. All the dynamics in the world doesn't mean jack if its effects can't be seen at the surface.

I don't think we had any instability for those midnight severe storms a few weeks ago.

We were a bit better off on 11/16 in the lower-levels compared to tomorrow morning's forecast. That being said, the models could (see: probably are) still underestimating the true instability by a noticeable margin. It'll definitely be something to nowcast.

Archived