ALONG THE COLD FRONT MAY INCREASE IN INTENSITY AS IT SHIFTS NEWD OUT

OF GA ACROSS THE CAROLINAS AND INTO CNTRL VA BY 12Z. DAMAGING WIND

GUSTS WILL BE THE MOST LIKELY SEVERE THREAT...BUT A TORNADO OR TWO

MAY STILL OCCUR...ESPECIALLY WHERE NON-ZERO SURFACE BASED CAPE

EXISTS. ALTHOUGH MODELS INDICATE LITTLE OR NO CAPE FROM CNTRL VA

NWD...TRUE NWD EXTENT OF SEVERE THREAT IS UNKNOWN AND MAY BEST BE

APPROXIMATED IN REAL TIME BY INCORPORATING SURFACE OBSERVATIONS INTO

MODEL FORECAST SOUNDINGS.

mm, it's roughly the same here.. small tweaks. the 10% hatched area was unlikely to verify

The 2% tor was trimmed back as well as the slight. It had been north of DC before not it is roughly on DC with some trimmings on the northern end. What were we outlooked in on the 16/17th?

The 2% tor was trimmed back as well as the slight. It had been north of DC before not it is roughly on DC with some trimmings on the northern end. What were we outlooked in on the 16/17th?

midday: http://spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/archive/2010/day1otlk_20101116_2000.html

evening: http://spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/archive/2010/day1otlk_20101117_0100.html

Well the slight risk was farther away then than it is today. I would be interested to see what LWX has to say in a little while and then SPC at 2am but I agree that we'll get something somewhere in the area. I don't know about a tornado watch.

How have peoples thoughts changed on watch probability?

Watch yes or no:

Type of watch:

Time issued if yes:

I have lowered my prediction to 10%

i think shear will probably end up being too much in most instances especially if there is no cape

until the convection is more defined (if it ends up so)... it's hard to make real educated guesses

i'd definitely be less gung ho about a torn watch at this pt but the risk is there still... see what's up by 10-11

i think shear will probably end up being too much in most instances especially if there is no cape

until the convection is more defined (if it ends up so)... it's hard to make real educated guesses

i'd definitely be less gung ho about a torn watch at this pt but the risk is there still... see what's up by 10-11

I will make a ballsy call and say showers with an isolated rumble with no watch and 0-1 severe report.

we prob want to see some torn warnings go in sc/nc next few hrs... region in front of them is becoming more favorable for such. if we can't get things pumped down there then our chances up here will seemingly be less than hoped. as far as reports... it might be worth thinking that most trees are leafless or much less leafy than spring/summer etc., not to mention the batterings already this yr. i'd still bet there are a few isolated 60+ gusts at least.

we prob want to see some torn warnings go in sc/nc next few hrs... region in front of them is becoming more favorable for such. if we can't get things pumped down there then our chances up here will seemingly be less than hoped. as far as reports... it might be worth thinking that most trees are leafless or much less leafy than spring/summer etc., not to mention the batterings already this yr. i'd still bet there are a few isolated 60+ gusts at least.

I see SC has a warning or two right now on the national map.

Archived