amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 4-6 Potential Winter Storm part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We ended up with about 3 inches of snow here. Most of it fell during the daylight hours yesterday. Most of it was a very wet snow but later in the day, it turned into a much drier, fluffy type snow. So, we have all sorts of different layers of snow on the ground now. Glacier, wet snow, fluffy snow.

Storm total snowfall imby 4.7" imby, and 63.7" on the season! (Mar 4-6 total event precip 1.40"). Just awesome. DTW ended up with 4.5" storm total, which puts the season at 63.4" to date, leapfrogging to #10 on the snowiest winters list. So 4 of the top 10 snowiest winters have occurred since 2004 :weight_lift: It is just gorgeous out too, a walk in the park day for sure!

As someone said, this IS Detroits winter. When things are going your way, they just keep going. So basically 3 of the top 4 good snow busts in my life have occurred in the past month:

Feb 5th: Forecast: Partly Sunny...Actual: 4.1" of snow

Feb 20/21st: Forecast: 1-2" snow then ice...Actual: 10.2" snow

Mar 5/6th: Forecast: 1"...Actual: 4.7" snow

(the 4th was Jan 8, 2005..got 5.9", expected 1" or less)

Storm total snowfall imby 4.7" imby, and 63.7" on the season! (Mar 4-6 total event precip 1.40"). Just awesome. DTW ended up with 4.5" storm total, which puts the season at 63.4" to date, leapfrogging to #10 on the snowiest winters list. So 4 of the top 10 snowiest winters have occurred since 2004 :weight_lift: It is just gorgeous out too, a walk in the park day for sure!

As someone said, this IS Detroits winter. When things are going your way, they just keep going. So basically 3 of the top 4 good snow busts in my life have occurred in the past month:

Feb 5th: Forecast: Partly Sunny...Actual: 4.1" of snow

Feb 20/21st: Forecast: 1-2" snow then ice...Actual: 10.2" snow

Mar 5/6th: Forecast: 1"...Actual: 4.7" snow

(the 4th was Jan 8, 2005..got 5.9", expected 1" or less)

If I become an eternal optimist, a climo buff, and don't look at the models, can I possess your powers? :arrowhead:

Maybe a dusting with the midweek storm, and then not much from what I can tell. I'm sure something will come along later in the month or in April to screw me.

I'd watch the clipper after the midweek thing, might be enough to push you over the top. But to be honest we are under 4" away, I'd be floored if we don't get that, hell I'd bet double comes before end of winter.

Archived