• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 7th-9th Potential Storm

wisconsinwx

Meh, I like your chances better than mine. But probably the sweet spot will be in between both of us.

:lol:

No way no how. I'll bet anything on it too. You are in a MUCH better position then here. Season trends and the fact that everything ends up shifting south and east says so.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our very wet snow accumulation from earlier today is disappearing with the temp in the mid 30s, however the glacier remains. Actually, everytime it snows on the glacier, it makes it thicker because the snow doesn't melt easily off of it. Next up: Thick fog tonight.

Yeah, I've noticed that. My "glacier" only covers the back half of my yard where it's shady. The snow that falls piles up the most on it and doesn't melt as quickly compared to the grassy areas, so it's sort of self sustaining. Unless we get some 50s sometime in the next little while, that snowpack will be there until April.

Full snowcover is still hanging on in the front yard. Haven't seen grass there since Dec.4th. If the rain keeps up all night, I think the streak is toast, but it's been impressive, more reminiscent of the '70's types of winters.

I can believe it. The amount of snow you guys see plus the brevity of the torches this winter. And if you manage to hang on to it tonight, you might get some reinforcements tomorrow night. :snowman:

So what kinda snowcover you have up there? Just mostly piles here :(. Although many are some of those parking lots snowbanks asking to be around til May with all the water they have in them.

Mostly Covered. Some patchy green areas only in the real open areas

We still have the glacier on the ground here. It made me think about when we last had winter snowcover hang around into the middle of March. Yeah, we always get snow accumulations well into March but it's usually new snow that melts in a day or two at the most. It's been awhile since we've had a glacier heading into mid March. Also, the rivers still have ice on them here. It's also been awhile since we've still had solid ice on the rivers going into mid March.

Yeah wish we had the glacier too...we were well on the way but just had too much rain and 40s dews on Fri/Sat. As said the snowbanks are as big and solid ice as you will ever see this time of year, but no glacier snowcover. We really could have used it as we are in sniffing distance of the whitest winter on record wrt 1"+ snowcover days (currently #10, we are 13 days away from #1).

Have to say this would be a first to see a low take this track. I think a westward shift is possible but not likely. Just need it to go negative earlier. Only gets down to 1000/999 so I'm questioning the negative tilt retrograde west motion.

999mb may not seem like much but with a 1040+mb high just to the nne/ne you don't need much of a low for it to be strong. System really has no choice but to go negative/close off with that beast of a high/ridge just to the east/ne of it.

Yes sir. Without the lake moisture, this is a boring, dry ull.

Yeah. I think even if this does move a bit more to the west, the ridiculous QPF totals likely won't budge more westerly without the aid of lake moisture.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CLEVELAND HAS ISSUED A WINTERSTORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING THROUGHFRIDAY EVENING.RAIN WILL CHANGE TO WET SNOW THURSDAY NIGHT AND THEN THE SNOW WILLBEGIN TO TAPER OFF FRIDAY EVENING. LOCATIONS IN THE WATCH HAVE APOTENTIAL FOR 6 TO 10 INCHES OF WET SNOW WITH LOCALLY HIGHERAMOUNTS UP TO 12 INCHES ESPECIALLY CLOSE TO LAKE ERIE.

Archived