Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
MARCH

Mr Torchey

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol that is pretty bad...surprising too since climo is worked into the numbers. I've noticed that we tend to have bigger diurnal swings than BOX forecasts, here. It will be warmer in the day, but cooler at night. I'm imagining that GFE is not quite good enough to pinpoint meso/microscale temperature variations in the middle of a small valley.

MOS has struggled recently in these cold air dumps. EWB is another laugher - it's 31F there at 3PM...the 21z MAV temp: 19F

do you happen to know if the MOS database is updated everytime a major upgrade is done to the operational model? like when the new GFS was instituted recently...is the MAV climo database that the MOS is drawn from get altered at all? i remember this happening a few years ago - nws talking about using caution with the MOS products for a time.

i know everyone talks about how good the ngm/fwc was.

2/28/95. I actually had ice on my street in Brockton. We had some light snow on the 27, but the temp warmed up to 34 during the early evening. As the wave of low pressure moved by, winds came back to the north and the temp plummeted to the lower 20s until mid morning in the 28th. It wasn't all that bad, but there were a few limbs down. It's the most ice I ever seen.

Cool...Amy mentioned there was decent ice here, but nothing like what we seen in Worcester.

Did you guys plan this?

Cool...Amy mentioned there was decent ice here, but nothing like what we seen in Worcester.

These were pics my friend took from his house near KORH airport. The first 2 are from his yard..lol. The last one is from the airport another 100' up in elevation. Pretty insane.

post-33-0-16911900-1299183519.jpg

post-33-0-53466600-1299183531.jpg

post-33-0-63870300-1299183541.jpg

Ahh the old Meteotrade pics. Now THAT is what it's all about

F ya baby! total destruction lol

Weenie ridge was covered in a great ice display last friday afternoon (from N orh up) and monday as well (thou they warmed to upper 30's after precip shut off hat evening and it was gone but very impressive prior with the cumulative effect of two icing events within 4 days )

Archived