gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Feb. 19th-22nd Winter Storm Part 2

wisconsinwx

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself. If you want to refute what he's saying using valid reasoning, fine. But accusing him of wishcasting (which is implicitly what you're doing) is beyond stupid and is more indicative of your own wishcasting.

I am not even wishcasting haha. 0Z NAM would actually be good for me--but the reality is this could very well bomb and track farther N and bring mixing into MSP. Oh well--but the 0Z NAM took a big step back from its 12 and 18Z runs where it was finally catching on. I have seen it happen so many times in these feedback scenarios where the NAM is a tick too slow "ramping" up the low--therefore it ends up being progressively weaker with time while the other guidance are progressively becoming stronger. NAM did it bad with the Groundhogs day storm.

Yeah it reminds me a lot of that storm. NAM failed all the way to the bitter end. It took actual observations as the storm was ongoing to correct it--and even then it was always a step behind. RGEM leading the way here once again.

Don't get me wrong as I am in now way doubting you or anything but yea the RGEM was right with the chicago blizzard, but it's been almost too amped and NW with almost every other storm. Also with the HRR and the RUC they are often off too. Do you think maybe as the NAO and AO were going a bit negative the last 24 hours, that the models may pick up on it on tonights runs? Could lead a little more south of a track as the euro and NAM are showing?. Thanks for your input.

I'm not accusing him of wishcasting. He's a great met, but I thought he meant he was throwing out the GFS also (since he said RGEM is leading the way) Just thought he meant he was throwing out the GFS as well, which is why I said that. It's fine though.

Well you accused him of siding with a model "for no reason". You're implying something with a statement like that. Use more discretion when choosing your words.

Baro, why does it track farther north? Is it because the low is stronger and it pulls up the southeast ridge ahead of it more?

Yeah positive feedback and the WAA process increases and the overall storm rapidly deepens at a fast rate. The dryslot becomes larger and the CCB becomes farther displaced from the upper low as heights fall faster and the overall cyclone increases in size while it also tracks farther NW.

Don't get me wrong as I am in now way doubting you or anything but yea the RGEM was right with the chicago blizzard, but it's been almost too amped and NW with almost every other storm. Also with the HRR and the RUC they are often off too. Do you think maybe as the NAO and AO were going a bit negative the last 24 hours, that the models may pick up on it on tonights runs? Could lead a little more south of a track as the euro and NAM are showing?. Thanks for your input.

I should have been more careful with wording since the RGEM has actually been leading the way with a stronger NW trending track that is slower. I am not necessarily buying the RGEM verbatim though--but almost all other guidance is falling to the RGEM while the RGEM holds with its solution. GFS was close and makes very slow ticks towards the RGEM. But like I said--18Z GFS is pretty closed to my preferred track ATM. SREF took a big jump N though--I am interested to see the 0Z GFS/Euro/RGEM.

Surprised by the lack of a watch and zero hype by our local media.

I think the warm up that most of us received has warped the public into spring fever. It happens..at this point in the winter snow is just snow and allot of snow is just an inconvience. Winter is slowly creeping away..Walk into Sears or Home Depot and the spring patio furniture , BBQs, Lawn Mowers are all out on the sales floor. You would think its April by the look of the stores..Basically no one cares about winter anymore..

Archived