gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Feb. 19th-22nd Winter Storm Part 2

wisconsinwx

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah it reminds me a lot of that storm. NAM failed all the way to the bitter end. It took actual observations as the storm was ongoing to correct it--and even then it was always a step behind. RGEM leading the way here once again.

RGEM leading the way? The storm hasn't even really developed yet.

GFS has been consistent as well and makes a lot of sense. Seems like you're throwing it out for no reason really.

GFS has been consistent as well and makes a lot of sense. Seems like you're throwing it out for no reason really.

I am throwing it out because I have been doing this for a long time--and I understand when models are junk based on the ongoing dynamics. I don't bother writing 10 page dynamic analysis since nobody will care--but I am not simply throwing it out for no reason. We are mets for a reasonsmile.gif

As for comparing the GFS--take a look at the 18Z GFS and compare it to the NAM. No comparison. GFS actually has a clue.

The NAM did blow it on Groundhog storm. Convective feedback, placement...list goes on an on. Didnt the HRRR nail the Groundhog system fairly well? The Hi Res models are becoming a useful tool as of late. Gota love the ole GFS though.

NAM nailed the Jan12-13th storm and the Feb 5th storm

Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself. If you want to refute what he's saying using valid reasoning, fine. But accusing him of wishcasting (which is implicitly what you're doing) is beyond stupid and is more indicative of your own wishcasting.

I said a few pages back the 18Z GFS is pretty close to my preference but a keen eye needs to be kept on the NOWcast as this could easily track farther N.

Baro, why does it track farther north? Is it because the low is stronger and it pulls up the southeast ridge ahead of it more?

Archived