• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
BOS/ORH glacier shelf life, how long does the Circle of Crust hang on for dear life?

free_man

36 members have voted

1. 1. How long will the "near" 100% snow depth" stay intact this winter/spring??

2. 2. ORH?

• Mid Feb
    • Late Feb
    • Early Mar
    • Mid Mar
    • Late Mar
    • Early Apr
    • Mid Apr
    • Late Apr
    • after their first tor warned storm

way too early to tell.

no way anyone can answer this.

it could all be gone before february ends if we get a proper torch.

Anything's possible. Never thought I'd see my nearly two feet from the Presidents Day storm a few years ago vaporize in a matter of a few days, but that's exactly what transpired.

I'm a little confused by the wording of the poll...

Does this mean "when do ORH and BOS see bare ground?"

It does however it's debatable. somewhat semantics, when does this solid cover whittle down to bare ground enough to no longer be considered 100% solid covered.

Piles do not count towards 100% cover, however a few spots under trees should be discounted as well if it comes to it. Common sense, talking when most of the snow goes.

It does however it's debatable. somewhat semantics, when does this solid cover whittle down to bare ground enough to no longer be considered 100% solid covered.

Piles do not count towards 100% cover, however a few spots under trees should be discounted as well if it comes to it. Common sense, talking when most of the snow goes.

Gotcha... that's kinda what I thought

If you are talking about 100% solid cover...then most sites will be sooner rather than later...the extreme sun exposed spots near busy intersections will lose their snow quickly and have some bare spots showing within a couple weeks almost certainly, but 95% of the rest of the ground might have a foot plus on it. Its a bit subjective.

If you are talking about 100% solid cover...then most sites will be sooner rather than later...the extreme sun exposed spots near busy intersections will lose their snow quickly and have some bare spots showing within a couple weeks almost certainly, but 95% of the rest of the ground might have a foot plus on it. Its a bit subjective.

That's the quandry about the poll, delineating the point of the snow being solid/complete.

Generally most meltoffs occur in a time period of a week or so and usually complete all at once, rather than leaving a gray area to debate. ORH is more stubborn obviously. We'll see.

Archived