Jump to content

HIPPYVALLEY

Members
  • Posts

    33,007
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HIPPYVALLEY

  1. Correct. Always a concern but Ukie is an outlier for now.
  2. Pfff, speak for yourself. I want T-Blizz sweating p-type.
  3. No matter how good models look I will continue to find ways to convince myself that this is going to be congrats Foxboro while I get 3” of baking powder.
  4. Best. Storm. Evah. (I had 32” in Cambridge with car size drifts)
  5. Shave 1/3 off of snow maps. The reality of fast flow regime.
  6. It’s nice to see posts and enthusiasm in check. Congrats everyone on a fun weekend of tracking!
  7. The one thing we obviously don’t want is whiff, scrape, cutter but it would have to be a pretty wound up SW to cut in the 7-10 day range. Nice looking pattern, someone on the East Coast is getting snow It just doesn’t necessarily have to be New England.
  8. Oh’ man that’s just like Judson’s ski dorm up at Sugarloaf used to be. I had many entertaining nights at their bar with the locals. Mainers know how to get their drink on. Storing food in the snow is old school ski tradition. My brother used to have a house on the Carrabassett River and his dogs would disappear and run down the river when it was frozen and come back with all sorts of goodies from the condos upstream.
  9. If you ever go up to your place via the Lakes region keep an eye out for the old Mountain Whittier site. When we go up to North Conway my kid loves driving by the McDonald’s that has the old lift tower in its parking lot. The building behind McDonald’s was the old lodge that the lift ran into and the lift actually went across the state highway!
  10. I’m sure most people on here know about this but here’s the link anyway: http://www.nelsap.org
  11. I skied Watatic as a kid when it was still open. Then did some back country out there about 10 years ago I was surprised how good the trails still were and there were a bunch of other people out there skiing.
  12. Need a good over running event.
  13. We could barely find snow yesterday up over 1000’ in Shelburne and Colrain. West not best so far this year.
  14. Lol, 30mi to your west Greenfield is at 1” for the season.
  15. The old Mt Watatic ski hill in Ashburnham might be good.
  16. Thanks Dave! I was a little shocked to see the pictures when I got home. No tripod, so I used the roof of the car and a book to prop the camera at the proper angle. I’ve got a few even crisper but haven’t processed or cropped them yet.
  17. November “Beaver Moon” I saw it coming up over the trees and jumped in the car to go down to the open fields down the street.
  18. Clouds, showers and 45F here. Was sunny earlier.
  19. I make all my own krauts and kimchi now. Quart jars with air lock tops and stainless springs instead of weights.
  20. Gotta pump that pre-market to suck in all the Robinhood fan boys. Look at Pfizer and Moderna, any real profit taking was only realized over the course of a few hours unless you were an early long term hold. #casino
  21. Nice day, nice evening. Had friends over for some grilling and now I’m enjoying some quiet time in the yard.
  22. Holy smokes! We don’t even know anyone in NW MA that has had it. 6 positives in Franklin Co this week. One hospitalization.
×
×
  • Create New...