Jump to content

Buddy1987

Members
  • Posts

    4,511
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Buddy1987

  1. Lol I had escaped to Naples FL for Christmas. I can tell you though we picked up about an inch from my Ring doorbell cam. Radford and Blacksburg ended up with about 4. The pattern has kind of made me stay away here for a little, looking at the GFS with no snow through like 1/12/21
  2. Big Bills fan. Love seeing MIA get their ass kicked I realize we’re not going to catch KC for best record AFC
  3. I thought and I could be wrong the HRRR is more widely used now over the RAP. At any rate I think marginal temps for you down your way may prove problematic. The more radiation this evening the better all of us may fare. Right now there’s zero clouds up here and the temp has corresponded by dropping 5 degrees.
  4. Wholeheartedly agree. Pretty much every model today has flipped toward the juicier side of things. Will love to see the radar a little later on here.
  5. Lol I literally just posted in the reaper forum about why all the hate suddenly for SW VA peeps? I enjoy reporting inbound meatballs to the Mid Atlantic crew from their southwest when we all have that awesome overrunning wall to wall shield of snow. Soon enough!
  6. Everyone wanting snow just figured I’d post a pic from my aunt who lives in NW CT about 40-45 min from Mass border. Big time snows for Worcester and points north and east today. Only reason I miss living up there.
  7. Do it!! I’m not sure I ended the season above 2” total so let’s bring some good juju early on.
  8. Man that’s a nasty looking band over FLL and Boca up into West Palm
  9. This has my attention this go around, as my parents literally just relocated from Charleston SC to Naples within the past 3 weeks. Curious to get everyone’s thoughts as to what, if any disruption Cuba does to this thing before it re-emerges back into the Atlantic/Gulf. Me thinks we’re in for a surprise (just gut feeling) nothing scientific or meteorologically speaking.
  10. @CAPE @nj2va @yoda if you guys could choose would you prefer a front loaded or back loaded winter if given the opportunity to pick?
  11. Do you put a lot of faith into GEFS and GEPS? I feel like it has weenie crushed all winter long. There were a couple really good "false" events it showed and was darn consistent and then got destroyed by the Euro. I feel like at this point it can either prove the Euro wrong for once this winter or the Euro is just that good. I guess time will tell.
  12. I would never complain again hahahaha.
  13. I saw you in here so I figured I'd make things easier on you hahahaha.
  14. Not trying to be the debbie downer here but I think I'm ready to be reaped. I've tried all year to be positive but it seems like we all hope every 10 days out will be "that" storm to where it ends up being short sleeves and record highs. If I keep living in fantasy land before I know it I'm going to be needing to watch the tropics. This has been nothing short of disastrous. I want to hope that Bob, PSU and everyone else is right in pattern change sooner than later but we are running out of time and quickly. I'm not saying I'm getting my panties in a bunch bc next weekend doesn't look as promising but it's like every 10 days here the pattern has looked much better and then we go back to wtf is happening? I hope I'm proven wrong bc I truly love snow. Done ranting back to weather and tracking!
  15. At least we can go with experience and know that the GFS has the tendency to drive low pressures into the highs and we all know how that normally plays out (gets forced a lot further south and east).
  16. What would we need for energy to transfer once the storm runs into central TN southern IN if we can keep it that far south and west
  17. After the debacle of the GFS being on its own island this winter season continuously showing snowy scenarios and winter weather I have a hard time buying into it. With that said however support from Euro and EPS makes me feel a whole lot better. Time will tell here in the next couple days.
  18. Nam has mixing even over the mountains and foothills of NC at 21. Heavy snow into eastern KY as well. Precip on northern side lining up nicely. system has slowed down once again as well same time frame as noted above. Still around CHS at this point.
  19. The old GFS looked like it finally had a clue and then suffered from some form of convective feedback issues at 36, whereas at 33 it had the low just south of MYR. It attempted some weird double barrel low type structure at that point. It’s attempting but right now imo is the worst model for this thing. It’s time for high res models but I figured I’d point that out anyway.
  20. Yea you’re def right Poimen. RGEM is pretty amped up with the moisture influx and the intensity. Looks like sleet to zr with only northernmost zones of NC, mountains and then up into VA would remain snow with that look.
  21. Yea 3k at 32 has the low around Wilmington. That will promote warming and thus a more “sleety” sounding usually.
  22. CMC for the win? Looks just like it. LP wise
  23. Another SVA guy. What a run for 0z and now 6z purposes! Euro shifts heavier qpf up our way and now the FV3 has followed suit on the 6z that is just coming out. The NAM, RGEM and Canadian are absolute crush jobs for northern NC and VA. Speaking of Canadian, 6z is even a tick west of 0z. Looks like the low goes over CHS and MYR, as well as Hatteras and then slows between 45-48hrs.
  24. @BornAgain13 lmfao! Bro don’t even look at the CMC total snowfall it’s like 30” for you
×
×
  • Create New...