Whew! The new washing machine is installed and operational. Hopefully, no more laundromats for a bit! Though, I am jealous of the speed that a person can do laundry in those places. We washed and dried 6 loads in one hour! I know - Dear Facebook.
Modeling continues to honk at very cold weather between the d8-12 mark. Sometimes modeling has overdone the cold at this range. But for now, some really cold temps on the 12z Euro and GEM as Jeff mentioned. Both of those models have identified cold snaps pretty well this season. For now, the day8-10 window looks good for a winter event, but you all know the rules...roughly between the 24th-27th.
I do think one flaw that we need to be watchful for...cold has been oversold on modeling all winter OR completely missed. Usually the solution is a cold front, but is modified from the original version. Probably the case this time, but...every once in a while strong cold fronts are under-modeled!
The TPV getting trapped looks legit. We need a wave to ride the Arctic front if that front verifies. That is the big ticket! Great discussion. I have enjoyed reading it.