-
Posts
2,531 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by Tyler Penland
-
2026-2027 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to BlueRidgeFolklore's topic in Southeastern States
Weatherfront. Currently very cheap and available on desktop/apple/iphone all three. I've been enjoying it. Its pretty new and they're adding stuff all the time. Not as in depth as Weatherbell but a fraction of the price and I love the fact it is fully zoom-able to whatever region you want. https://www.weatherfront.com/ -
2026-2027 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to BlueRidgeFolklore's topic in Southeastern States
Been pretty busy lately, but looks like we have our first fantasy NW flow storm on the GFS at 18z- first one I've noticed at least. Winter is definitely on the way. -
2026 Spring/Summer Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Blowing Rock got slammed last night. We had a mudslide out behind the mall took down quite a few trees and dumped a boatload of mud up against the building. ABC store flooded and Twigs might have taken some flooding as well (not positive). -
2026 Spring/Summer Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Side note: found this site recently. I may be behind the 8-ball and it's already well known around here but www.weatherfront.com is a newer model/radar site. I quite like it. Currently free as they are working on their Android rollout, already out on Iphone. -
2026 Spring/Summer Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Meant to pop on yesterday but we bottomed out at 52º. Super spectacular way to end July. -
2026 Spring/Summer Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
It looks fake. Not saying there wasn't a funnel (there almost definitely was), but I doubt it looked like that. -
2026 Spring/Summer Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Saw a photo of what appeared to be a lowered mesocyclone from a drone shot in Asheville but hard to tell for sure not great quality. Sent from my Pixel 10 Pro using Tapatalk -
2026 Spring/Summer Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
-
2026 Spring/Summer Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Aight one day of heat back and I'm already over it. Bring on fall/winter. Heading to the North Wilkesboro races this weekend and the trucks are at 12:30 on Saturday afternoon. -
2026 Spring/Summer Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
My station made it to 90.5 this afternoon. As far as I can remember that's the first time I've ever recorded a high above 90 here at the house. Yesterday was 89.3. Sent from my Pixel 10 Pro using Tapatalk -
2026 Spring/Summer Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
We managed to hit 42.1º this morning. Much cooler than I expected. The station right below me directly on the river hit 40.3º. Wild. I was hiking up at Grayson Highlands yesterday and it was in the mid-40s all evening. Definitely an odd, but very nice day out for early June. -
2026 Spring/Summer Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Only dropped to 35.6º last night. My wife's raised bed vegetables are thankful. -
2026 Spring/Summer Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Low of 31.6º this morning. Been enjoying the cool temps. Looks like finally some legitimate rain this weekend- we need some or spring flower season is going to suck. -
2026 Spring/Summer Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
0.06" overnight- bottomed out at 37º this morning. Saw some reports of flurries around but never saw any myself here at the house. -
2026 Spring/Summer Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
I managed a grand total of 0.01" overnight last night. Just enough to make the truck look even worse dirty. -
2025-2026 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Hard to argue with how this winter went, although I certainly would've liked to have seen more than 5" at a time. I ended the year with right at 20", pretty solid and right on average. I've seen plenty of below-average winters since moving up here so an average year is a win for me. That absolutely gorgeous December snow also gives a boost. -
2025-2026 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Just rolled into Daytona, heading down for the (hopeful) Artemis launch tomorrow. I always, and I mean every single time, forget how miserable the humidity is once you get south of the NC line. Brutal. -
2025-2026 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
We must've gotten under a nice band overnight because I went to bed at 1/2" and woke up to a solid 3". Very nice surprise! -
2025-2026 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Starting to cover the grass here in Blowing Rock now. Took forever to switch over but hammering now. -
2025-2026 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Webcams show switch to snow in Boone. Still rain here in Blowing Rock but I suspect for not much longer -
2025-2026 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Huge temp crash in Blowing Rock, down 10 degrees in the last 12 minutes. -
2025-2026 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
-
2025-2026 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Wind absolutely howling this evening. Fun 24 hours ahead no doubt. Sent from my Pixel 10 Pro using Tapatalk -
2025-2026 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Got a couple confirmed reports of snow in the North Georgia mountains even around Suches. -
2025-2026 Fall/Winter Mountain Thread
Tyler Penland replied to Buckethead's topic in Southeastern States
Been coming down hard in Blowing Rock since about 10. Good dusting on the grass now and WINDY. Sounds like a jet on our roof at times. Sent from my Pixel 10 Pro using Tapatalk
