Leaning heavily towards a Banner Elk weekend (Wed-Sun). Just seems like Miller As don’t exist anymore. More importantly, cold air never meets up with moisture east of the peaks. Jan 2022 remains the last meaningful event.
I’m going to wait until Tuesday/Wednesday to make up my mind. I love snow in my backyard but if McDowell is fringe at best… I might just book a cabin in Banner Elk and have some fun.
I know we all want a big storm (myself included) but I’d take a 3-5 inch event in a heartbeat. At the same time…you can see the potential is there for WNC/Foothills for a bigger event too.
Was I just not paying attention or is this significantly over performing? I’m already nearing 2” and there’s a lot of heavy stuff in N Georgia/SWNC heading this way. Local creeks and ditches are overflowing (never recovered post-Helene)
We’ve had what…. 1 fantasy run all season? When you can’t even buy snow on the long-range models in peak climo… remember when we were “setting the stage” with the Virginia snow in early Dec?
I’m about ready to call it. Nothing promising and if I hear the mountain crew say “it can snow in February and March” I might just go bananas.
Guess a chilly Thanksgiving and first half of December with a Record warm Christmas week will be the story.
I think I need to give in and just buy a “snow house” up in Banner Elk or on Beech to get my fix on an annual basis. Unfortunately, nothing hits as hard as a snow at home though.