^
Great write up CStorm love the mid range analysis. That said, your thread starting days need to take a break. No offense. Hell, last threads I started were in 2014 and I couldn't miss. Might be time to come out of retirement.
no doubt. The 0 call is back in play. Those hoping for a flicker of hope for a late swing in Chicago metro are on life support. It happens. Worse, as it fades SE it becomes less consequential to those in the sweet spot.
His call was 0 from 5 days ago. He should be dancing given him shows him getting 3". Lesson for all; set your expectations low and you won't be disappointed. Oddly, that 18Z looks better for areas further NW in Chicago metro.
you could never jack pot any of these storms because there was never a model consensus. Even than, jack potting a storm more than 24 hours out is a fools game.
winds are howling out there. Be nice to take in some of that 50 degree warmth before reality sets back in. Looks like the transition from rain to snow will be fairly benign here. Call for the back yard is 3" which I'll gladly take. If things pan out as currently projected euro the clear winner here basically being consistent with a 2-4" event for here from 4-5 days out. Tried my best to will it home.
personally think given the scenario it could be quite a bit underdone on precip. I think this situation has quite a bit going for it. As I say no science just a gut feeling from years of getting punched in it by models.
LOT watch I-88 south. Snow amounts negligible, but combined with freezing rain and wind gets them to potential warning criteria. Pretty wild forecast. 50's and melt snow pack followed by heavy rain than freezing rain with 3-7" snow on top. Beats the duster days.