Jump to content

Intensewind002

Members
  • Posts

    950
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Intensewind002

  1. Getting some big flakes falling now, maybe we can wetbulb to around freezing and pick up a little bit of accumulation here
  2. It’s pretty common for them to get accumulating snow into early April so I wouldn’t be surprised. Last year they got 3” on April 19th
  3. Getting some windswept white rain in Lindenhurst. 37/31
  4. If this was all snow, this would be the part where we’d all flip out because of the dry slot lol
  5. I believe eastern and western WFOs follow different protocols when issuing advisories/watches/warnings and whatnot. At least that’s what I was told when I was interning at the Albany office
  6. This storm has 3/14/17 part 2, written all over it. At least I won’t be disappointed by my 4 inches of slop this time
  7. 6-8 in Babylon and then like <0.5” in Patchogue would be the craziest cutoff I’ve ever seen for the island
  8. I’m honestly not sure, I went back to sleep right after the first batch ended, so I missed the second one. It never actually made it below freezing here either, but there was still a little bit of snow on the ground at 8:30 so I’m assuming it had to accumulate because i doubt the original half inch would’ve survived in the sunlight until then.
  9. Yeah it started snowing just after 2:00 and lasted until around 4:30, we did get another brief burst of snow around 6AM though.
  10. Yeah we had a decent amount of white rain, plus some virga beforehand here (RH was around 20% for me when the decent radar echos were starting to reach the south shore). Amounted to maybe just under half an inch here.
  11. A small plane crashed like a block away from where I live https://longisland.news12.com/sources-1-dead-after-small-plane-crashes-in-lindenhurst
  12. I ended up with about 3.2” of snow last night here in Lindenhurst, rain has been light too so it hasn’t really melted too much either
  13. Under lighter echos right now in Lindenhurst and it’s 34/32 with 100% sleet at the moment. About 1.5” of snow on the ground
  14. Roads and cars completely covered here, probably around an inch OTG, still snowing pretty heavily in this last batch before the dry slot
  15. snowing at a good clip here now, I’ve legit doubled my snowfall total for the season already lol
  16. Starting to get some flurries here in SW Suffolk
  17. Maybe there is something up with my kestrel, I’m not exactly on the water either I was expecting lower too
  18. Us coasties got an 18-24” storm only last winter though lol
  19. 43/26 here on the front lines in Lindenhurst. Wet bulb is about 35. Farmingdale only a few miles to my north is 5 degrees cooler at 38
×
×
  • Create New...